The Crushfest.

Let the games begin!
 We Bookers love ourselves a good old fashioned bit of competition amongst ourselves.

And since Cribbage has become the game of choice in our household, as of late - we decided to have ourselves a bit of a Crushfest this week at camp.

AND while I am fully aware of where my pride is going to land me as a result of this blogpost, I have taken into consideration the consequences - and the fact that I shall probably not win a game again for a zillion years - as "pride does come before the fall" and I shall post away regardless.

If you will ~

Our week in pictures...
At the beginning of the week, the competition was tight...
And you can clearly see that the evenings at our Island Cabin were wild and crazy...

We are party animals!


But then...something happened.
I got on a bit of a winning streak, if you will.


And the Crushfest?
Well, it began in earnest...


By midweek, Kev could see that he had met his match.
And since our tally sheet was hanging on the wall for all to easily see...

He tried a sneaky plan that he thought would foil any curious minds and wandering eyes as to where this competition was headed...


Hmn.  Nice work, Honey.
I especially like the placement of the stars.
And my itty bitty number seven.

(....that would be four games more than you.....)


Well, then Thursday night rolled around, and in the final moments of a neck and neck fingernail biting match of the century, Kevy pulled out the big win, thus assuring himself (or so he thought) the beginnings of a glorious comeback.

Welp...that there bubble...it got itself busted...


Poor Kevy.
His streak lasted for all of one game.
He was soundly and inhumanely crushed by the Cribbage Queen.

Dareth he demand a rematch?
"Does an ant do war with a boot?" 
Sorry.  I just saw the Avengers.  Thought that was a good line to insert right around here.

So.  Yeah.  Our week in pics.
And while I do take pride in my humility....
And while I fully expect to lose many games as a result of this bragging....

I have to say, I'm willing to risk it.
This was totally worth it...

No comments: