Simple Pleasures - Little Loves.

"Happiness is not a station you arrive at...but a manner of traveling." ~ Margaret Lee Runbeck. And I might argue the same for joy and thankfulness....
:: Chickies roaming free. Again. Moments of silence. Piles of freshly folded laundry. Stooping it on my steps and watching life go by.
:: Tadpoles releases to their freedom. Tank refilled with frogs. The summer cycle of collections and release. Eager anticipation of baby chicks.
:: Table centerpieces handpicked by little hands. Gifts of love - spontaneous and unprompted. My favorite kind of flower gift.
:: Mother's Day celebrated in my small world - sweet cards, pancakes, and eggs. Olive Garden supper. and "You're so beautiful, Mama."
:: New life to bring to my gardens. Rainy days to grow our plants. My garden spot tilled...and waiting. Lew - my scout of poison ivy. Warm bread for lunch. And Mom's jam.
:: Brothers who beg to share the same bed. Peals of laughter behind closed doors. Sweet big brothers. Trusting little ones.
:: The Day's first cup. A journal to help me remember. My alarm clock - open windows-sunshine-and bird song. Sleepy bedheads. Rumpled p.j.s. Cozy cuddles. His - "I'm going to kiss you every morning."
:: Warm spring days. Sunset swing rides, Imaginations running wild, BOYS running so wild they are blurry. Boys in bare feet. Grass stained toes. Big backyards. Butterflies - signs of summer.
:: Sunset Cribbage (and crushing) on the deck. Rematches and one point wins. Both going to bed satisfied! A porch riddled with the day's wet wellies and drenched, filthy jeans.
:: Big Daddy Salamanders. And Daddy's who take the time to find a container and bring them home to their 3 little boys. Another school year almost complete. A week up home. My sweet home church. Friendships - young and older - much deeper now. Ontario coffee - the very BEST! Babies come home. Bagels with friends. Honesty and vulnerability.... (#2861-#2917 - My Joy Journey)

No comments: