Week-end Review.

Hello Monday.

We are entering one of those weeks that has somehow filled itself completely full to the brim with workshifts, appointments, meetings and whathaveyou. I don't really love weeks like this where there is no breathing room - they make me a little edgy. But, knowing it was going to be like this, we went into the weekend dialing it waaaay back - just to give ourselves a bit of breathing room for the crazyness ahead.

We stayed home and collected our sanity in the form of pajamas and cartoons, cribbage and coffee, and playing and puttering. We went to lunch, we went to a love-o-ly baby shower, and we chillaxed to the max.

My top faves from the weekend:
A Rundown:

:: The largest hoolies outside in the snow at 7:00 in the morning! I love that. I feel like I'm such a good mother...and I conveniently forget that they were the ones who asked to go outside and that my initial reaction was: "Seriously? You want help into your boots and ski pants at 7:00 in the morning? Before I've even had my coffee?" Instead, I look out the window and I give myself a little pat on the back and congratulate myself for all of the fresh air and exercise they're getting whilst I sit on my rumpadoo inside. It's a nice little ego trip.

:: Kevin and I taking full advantage of this semi-silence of two out of the three being out of doors to have a quiet cup of coffee and a wee game of Cribbage. In which I successfully creamed the snot out of him, and he had to make breakfast. That's right. He demands a re-match. And he shall have said punishment forthwith.

:: Ransom's new love of my old school kitchen set that I played with as a little girl. All of my boys have loved it, and now it's Ransom's turn to inherit the fun.

While we played Cribbage, he had tea with his puppy.
"Hot. Hot. Kay? Burn! More tea? O-kaaaaay."

:: Served up with some delicious cooked grapes. Puppy's favorite.

:: A Resurrection set from Grammy for my boys to play with and help to be reminded of the true reason why we celebrate Easter...

:: ....or to help Mary and the disciples practice diving off of the tombstone. Either one works. Sorry Grammy. Ahem. I shall try for some decorum in this home.

:: My table and my kitchen - crazy and messy from a weekend of living and being together. I rather love it. There's always two or three activities taking place, it's always loud, and - just like my Mama's house - the kitchen table is always where all of the action and eating, the playing and visiting takes place.

:: And finally - two comic strips that I could have written myself - specifically about my Jesse. I love when I read something and I laugh right out loud because it so mirrors my own life. Classic.

So, there you have it. Some of my favorites from the week-end. It was lovely. Snowy, rainy, simple, sweet, and slow.
And now we enter the week of wildness - but we are rested and we are sane.
That should count for something!

4 comments:

Carole said...

Nice blog. You might like this poem about mothers. http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2011/12/random-quotation-spot.html

Sarah said...

We play cribbage and wager household tasks on the outcome ad well! ;)

Angelica said...

dude..is that a hot tub???>...

..lucky mama~

KateO said...

dude, I totally had that kitchen set as a kid too! I loved that thing!!