If It Ain't Broke...


This fine family day, we found ourselves sitting around the breakfast table asking each other: Since last week was so lovely down in Camden, and since we had ourselves such a gloriously fine time, and since it's so nice and sunny today whereas it was a bit foggy and dreary last week-end, why not have a repeat performance of our most favorite coffee shop and exploration around Mt. Battie today?

And since we could come up with nary an excuse as to why ever not go -- we done had ourselves that there repeat performance. And along the way we enjoyed various depths of conversations and games such as: "Let's see how long Jesse can go without talking." (The answer: .000012987 of a second) And heavy questions like: "Is a Booker booger bigger than a bigger booger"? (I'm not sure if I ever found out the answer to that one)...

But anyway, you get the idea. Our conversations were deep today....

This is the view of the sweet little town of Camden from on top of Mt. Battie.
Take a left at the church with the big ole steeple, go down the hill, and the coffee shop is on the right.

Get the Thai peanut chicken with soba noodles. It's delish.

This is Mr. Grumpy Pants exploring in the woods on top of Mt. Battie. Sir Hoodlum wanted to do everything himself today, but got ginormously frustrated whenever a branch or root tripped him. He was in rare form.

This is me letting Mr. Creation of Joy get his feet soaking wet.
I'm sure it will do wonders for his cold.
I'm such a conscientious Mama.
And I'm pretty sure I just misspelled that word, but I'm MUCH too lazy to spell check.

This is the tower on top of Mt. Battie.
Very pretty and old and super fun to explore.

These are my three hoolies running wild and free. They love it up there. I love to watch them run wild and free.

This is the love of my life who I would follow to the ends of the Earth and who also not only beat me in a game of Cribbage this afternoon, but he sufficiently skunked the snot out of me. So, I had to make supper, and then he asked me if I was going to post his skunking on Facebook since I so gloatingly posted my creaming of him the other day.

I told him that I was busy uploading pictures for this super importantly spiritually encouraging blogpost.

And this is a "pine-corn" that Ransom likes to collect.

I love all of his made-up words and his super delicious lisp. I love when he says: "Thee the thtars?" (See the stars?) And "Yethththth!!!" when I ask him if he wants a treat. I do not love when he is grumpy. Holy hannah that child has a temper.

And this is a poem carved into a rock on top of Mt. Battie.

And now I have to go finish making supper because I got skunked at Cribbage this afternoon. The End.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I loved this post. I wish our boys could be neighbours. I love you.

Anonymous said...

I love that you are honest enough to tell when Kevin is the winner!

Debby B.