A Wee Ditty for my Hoolies.

These boys, they make me crazy.
They're rowdy, loud, and wild.
I think I've "lost more marbles"
With every passing child.

It's like I have three puppies.
One loud and stinky mess.
Our middle one, we call "the twins" -
It's whirling dervish Jess.

Our oldest one's the schemer.
The "brains" behind their plans.
He has his younger brothers -
Follow thru on his demands.

My youngest with the dimple...
He quickly follows suit.
He's small, but he is fiesty -
And he has a "will" - to boot!

They plot, they plan - they're schemers!
A motley looking crew.
I have no chance against all three.
I'm sure they know it, too.

They eat up all my groceries,
They filthy up their clothes.
They muddy up my fresh swept floors -
Their socks have holey toes.

Their nicknames "Hoolies" - suit them!
They are one wiley bunch.
But these days will end too soon...
Of this, I have a hunch.

These moments, they are fleeting.
The years are passing by.
This all will be a memory -
A twinkle in my eye.

The messy and the muddy...
The chaos and the stress -
This is the life I will embrace,
MY wild and crazy mess.

I see these boys for what they are -
On loan, gifts from above.
So, I'll slow and see the sacred.
These gifts from God, I love.


....Dedicated to my three small hoolies, all for whom I am head over heels.
And for these fleeting days of childhood -
Frazzled Mamas, mess, and all!

* * * * *
2614. welly boots, muddy jeans, and our stream out front.
2615. new nets.
2616. big trucks, 6 cords of wood, and free entertainment.
2617. little tempers, and cribs for time outs!
2618. big brothers - gentle leaders.
2619. homemade maple syrup - delicious pancake feeds.
2620. Cribbage with the littles. Kaden's 1st win today. Yikes.
2621. 5 of us with colds - an unplanned night at home.
2622. An extra hour of daylight.
2623. 3 boys - still outside at bedtime.
2624. chickies venturing out of their coop.
2625. Smudgie "fixed" - and no more marking his territory.
2626. stolen time alone with my oldest - other littles napping.
2627. customers, tips, and conversations.
2628. garden planning with Lew.
2629. seed supply slowing growing.
2630. new chickies on their way.
2631. grampy & grammy stopping for tea.
2632. weekend at grammy's - soon!
2633. cozy winddown to our day.
2634. tea and muffins with my boys.
2635. laundry machine working overtime.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I love it!