These Past Few Days.

Oh my goodness, these past few days have been amazing!!! I haven't been anywhere near this computer, because it has just been way too nice to do anything inside!

I must confess - both schooling and housework have gone completely out the window with this onset of balmy weather. But with the rumors of a Nor-easter possibly coming next weekend, this Mama has not had one single regret about it.

We have spent our days living and breathing the great outdoors - listening to life return and watching as Spring tries to peek her little head through our neck of the woods. The first butterfly has been caught, the first caterpillar has been found, and since we started hearing peepers in the pond next door just two nights ago, Kaden has begun his quest for frogs and frog eggs.

It begins.
At least until next weekend's blizzard.

Even the girls are happy. See how happy they are?

And they are super excited about their nine new friends that will be coming in a couple of months. They told me so. We are getting three more layers and we are also going to try our hand at six little meat birds this year. And just maaaaybe a wee baby goat if there is one still left at the hardware store when I go to pick up my chicks. Just kidding. Kind of. I really want one. PLUS, they love to eat poison ivy - which loves to attack me and my loves - but Kevy pointed out that they also love to eat everything else in the world, as well. To which I replied, "Minor detail." So, we are still "discussing." And I am losing....

But I still have time...

So, anyway, these past few days wellies have been replaced by flip-flops.

Ski pants have been exchanged for shorts and tanks - and a late night rummage through all of the trunks in the basement the night before the heat wave to see what in the world I have that even fits these kids for the summer.

And our standard soup and bread for lunch has been replaced by smoothies.
Every day. For as long as this weather lasts.
Which we know here in Maine, we could very well likely get that predicted snowstorm next weekend!

So, yes, we have taken full advantage of the heat wave.

Oh yes we did do this. In March!

Two days in a row - swim trunks, slip 'n' sliding, and sunscreen.
It has been lov-o-ly.

Right along with putting their ski pants and winter boots right back down into our basement. Let come what may - having had a taste of summer, I am DONE with winter.

(And I know what bins I stored said winter clothing in should I absolutely HAVE to get it all back out. And if I must do so, it will be with great angst and loathing).

This week has been wonderful.

And the icing on the cake was an early morning breakfast on the deck with a sweet friend while the little boys ran around in shorts and sandals. Sweet lovliness.

Much much happiness afoot with this early tease of summer.

* * * * *
2641. Sunkissed skin.
2642. Chickies pecking at bugs.
2643. Swimtrunks and slip n slides.
2644. Many MANY swing rides!
2645. Caterpillars and butterflies.
2646. Smoothies for lunch - a summer tradition enjoyed in Spring.
2647. No bugs. Yet.
2648. Three little boys who love to be outside.
2649. Simple summer fun.
2650. Our sweet little backyard.
2651. Early morning breakfast with friends.
2652. Friends for my boys, as well.
2653. Pancake breakfasts.
2654. Laundry drying on my clothesline outside.
2655. Sweaty, sleepy boys.
2656. Windows wide open.
2657. Peepers in the night.
2658. New life pushing through the ground.
2659. A break from technology.
2670. Bike rides and walks.
2671. Revisiting our summer pleasures.
2672. A little taste before another storm.
2673. Outside fires, and outside meals.
2674. A flexible schedule.
2675. Learning to let go and go with the flow.

3 comments:

LaurelM said...

ya know what i loved about rummaging through last year's clothing looking for anything that might still fit? i can never seem to get the sunscreen smell out of swimming clothes and it permeated throughout the entire bag of summer clothes... it was wonderful. my boys' clothes literally smelled like last summer.

Angelica said...

yum..all of it~~~~ the heat..we love the heat here too~~..it was almost 30 degrees on Tuesday and Wednesday..had to turn the a/c on~~Weird!!
..do tell..what is that delicious looking cake??

Angie said...

Hasn't it been lovely? I love that you were able to 'cancel' schooland housework and just enjoy the weather. I did the same! So glad we did, cause its back to coolish temps here and probably will be for another few weeks. Would love to catch up soon. Call anytime and so will I...let the phone tag begin! ;)