Life.

I have been completely out of commission for these past few days. Normally, I love to write, and this place is my little outlet for putting my thoughts to words and for recording our little bit of life over here. But, as for these past few weeks, I guess I've maybe hit a writer's block of sorts. My heart has been full, and heavy, and filled to overflowing with so many things in life as of late.

We have dear friends who are, at this moment, over in Ethiopia holding and visiting for the very first time their long awaited little boy who they will finally, prayfully, be able to bring home within the next few months. I have another friend who is pregnant with two little identical twin boys - and amazingly, she and both her babes are doing wonderfully. And we have dear friends who are aching to hold a baby of their very own, yet who still selflessly share in the joy of new life for others. And finally, I have a sweet, dear friend who just had a baby three whole months early, and he weighs in at just a little under two pounds. My heart both aches and marvels at this little miracle and at the very long journey still ahead of them.

Beautiful things.
Heavy things.
Miraculous things.
And things that cause deep, aching grief.
And such is the cycle of life.

How blesed we are to have friends to walk life's journey right alongside of us. How blessed I have been - many times over in my life - to have experienced friends who both share in my joy and who also have walked with me in my deepest sorrow. May I be those things to my friends who are walking various journeys right now - both the heavy and the joy-filled.

And how thankful I am to have a God who is HERE. Who is present. Who grieves when we grieve and who rejoices in our joy. "Blessed be the LORD who daily bears our burdens." ~ Psalm 68:19

1 comment:

Shay said...

Things about babies are the hardest. They create heartache like nothing else. I'm glad to read the updates on your friend's preemie, good news. :)