Remembering Not to Forget...

Stuff I'm thinking about for our life and our journey...

Psalm 105:4 says: "Seek the Lord and His strength. See His face continually."
Hmn. Methinks I'm not so good at this at times.

vs. 5 - "REMEMBER His works which He has done".
Remember. Do what it takes to not forget.

The very next Psalm goes into reminding us about how the Israelites DID forget.
Help us Lord, to not repeat their pattern.
May this NOT be said of us.

Psalm 106:13 & 14...
:: They quickly forgot His works.
:: They did not wait for His counsel.
:: They "craved intensely" in the wilderness.
:: They tempted God in the desert.

Jesus, what do I crave intensely that is not of You?
How often do I rush blindly into things without waiting for Your counsel?
How often do I go to others for my strength?
How often do I forget?

Major consequences took place in their forgetting...(verses 20-25)
:: They exchanged their glory.
:: They forgot God their Savior.
:: They forgot His good things.
:: They forgot His wonders.
:: They forgot the awesome things He had done.
:: They despised.
:: They did not believe.
:: They grumbled.
:: They did not listen.

Hmn. I guess the apple still doesn't fall too far from the family tree.
They forgot all of the miracles, the deliverances, the protection...the gifts.

And then verse 47.
~ "Save us, oh Lord our God, TO GIVE THANKS."
I wonder, is that the secret?

Giving thanks - in both the big and the small, the easy and the hard - helps us to REMEMBER...

And so I continue this journey....
*******************
1664. Hearing, listening, resting, waiting.
1665. Doing it peacefully - not striving.
1666. Creation's sounds - God all around me.
1676. Simple pleasures - amazing gifts.
1677. Faithfulness of my Heavenly Father.
1679. Dilly beans and strawberry jam.
1680. Food canned for the winter.
1681. Remembering God's blessings.
1682. Practicing thanks.
1683. Daily falls - daily forgiveness.
1684. Contentment in Christ - fulfillment in Him.
1685. Trusting with the details of life.
1686. Getting blessed and BEING a blessing.
1687. "The nearness of God is my GOOD." ~ Psalm 73:28

No comments: