Contrast.

We've been home for two days now, and I can't help but shake my head and laugh at the world of difference between Southern California and home as we know it.

Stilletos, high fashion, and perfectly manicured nails...not so much.

There are times, though, - shocker - when I am kind of drawn to that look.
However, I am increasingly convinced that it's just not practical with this cohort of boys. My day will come perhaps.

But today is not that day.

For now, keen's for shoes, bugspray for perfume, and clothes that dry quickly will do. If I stay clean - that's a bonus.

...And we wonder WHY we get poison ivy so very often. Hmn.
But, that's not the point of this post.

Yeah, I'm still wrapping my brain around the different world and culture that we just came from.

But, I guess if they came our way, they'd be in for a culture shock, too.
We do fun, hick style.

And I'm pretty sure we're more hick than most....

No comments: