Tenting!

Sooo, the motto of this past weekend was: "It's no big deal!" And we repeated it over and over again! Like, on the day before we were to leave, my ducklings were ready to be brought home. Hmmm. Not the most ideal of times to introduce 2 babies to 6 larger chickies while I'm gone for four days. Well.... no big deal. We'll just bring them with us!



So, we scrounged up a couple of hot water bottles, some fuzzy blankets, and just brought them right along with the rest of the crew! No big deal.

It also forcasted rain for almost all of the weekend. With no opportunity to plan a rain date, it was kind of like "now or never," so we all decided a little (or, as it turned out a LOT) of rain was really not a big deal - we've done it before last year. So, we packed up. In the pouring rain. And set up in the drizzle. And camped all weekend (except for 1 day) in the rain. And unpacked again in torrents. No big deal.




The other "no big deal" we decided on was - who really needs to be able to see your kids on the drive? They can fend for themselves, right? I actually found it quite nice when Jesse sang at the top of his lungs for the entire drive and I could juuuuuust barely hear him past all of our junk-ola! Not a bad set up, me thinks! Ha!



Here's where we sat most of the weekend. More pics to come in later posts. Over all, it was nice being with grandparents and aunties and uncles for a long stretch of time. A highlight for all of us, too, was reconnecting with a kindred spirit from Bible school days who has three little girls of her own. The kids had a blast running wild - swimming, catching things, and playing with their "slug club," and she and I were able to sit around the fire drinking camp coffee. It doesn't get much better.

A good time was had by all!

2 comments:

ange said...

Sounds like my kind of awsome weekend Amy!!
Yay for you~building unforgettable memories!

Katie said...

Ahahahahahaha . . . I laughed for about five minutes straight. First off, I like your minivan. Secondly, I love Kevin's expression as he's trying to tie on the canoe or whatever he's doing. Thirdly, I had to look like four times in order to see where your children were . . . aaaaand fourthly, when you mentioned Jesse Bear singing singing singing-- I lost it and just cackled madly for awhile.

Oh you Bookers. How you warm my heart.

Love you guys!