A Booker Kind of a Week-End

It's been a busy few days, so this week-end was a welcome respite.

I left my mostest fave down vest and car keys at the Bar Harbor Inn where I stayed when I went scrapbooking, so on Friday, we had a really great excuse to head to the ocean again. We lounged around the house all morning and then loaded into the car around the time I hoped Jesse would konk out for a snooze. We found a new, cheap, and super cool coffee shop in Ellsworth where we split some soup and bagels for lunch - delish - and then we headed onward.

It was such a gorgeous day at the ocean - really the first that we've had since we've been home. (The week-end that I went scrapbooking was beautiful, too, but I was too focused on my work to enjoy the weather). So, we just spent the whole rest of the afternoon walking along the trails and the shoreline collecting shells, throwing rocks into the water, searching for treasures, rolling down grassy hills, and just going along at the boy's pace.

It was lovely. I love this time of year where when we play outside I'm constantly reminded to slow down and to look at the world through their eyes. Jesse wants to collect every stick. Kaden wants to turn over every rock in hopes of a worm or a bug or a salamander, and there is just absolutely no rush whatsoever.

I love that.

We spent an awesome evening with friends on Saturday night enjoying delish food, guitar playing by the guys, and a little Wall-E with the kidlets. Good times.

And today is supposed to be the Mommy's Monday that I host each week. But, just about every Mommy was away for the week-end and feeling the need to be nesting in their own homes this morning. So, we are all cozied up inside our little abode right now, too. It's 11:00 and we're ALL still in our p.j.'s...well, actually the kids are running around like hoodlums in their undies. Daddy made eggs and homefries for breakfast. And we're just chillaxing.

Plans are being made for a nature walk and some grocery getting a bit later in the day....and it's aaaaallllll good.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

"chillaxing"...classic Amy Booker word--I love it! So glad you guys had a good extended weekend. We did too but we're STILL trying to get rid of the Mommy Monday germs as Peter so lovingly calls them :)