Scrap-a-dee-doo-dah!

Just got back from a glorious week-end of scrapbooking in beautiful Bar Harbor with lovely friends. I am a "task oriented people person," so this week-end was just perfect for my little personality. I was able to accomplish something that has been hanging over my head for months - getting caught up on my albums - while enjoying sweet fellowship with some wonderful women.

Part of me feels like I was gone forever, and the other part of me feels like it was just a blip and now I'm back home and ready to step back into life again. This little hiatus was just the thing that I needed, and now I feel completely refreshed and rejuvenated. It has been almost two years since I have been away from all of my boy loves. Crazy.

They are all sleeping right now....but I cannot WAIT for them to wake up!

THIS is why I love little getaways once in awhile. They make me realize afresh and anew how truly full my life is and just how much love I have waiting back home for me. I am refueled and refreshed and ready to pour back into them again. Awesome.

And the amount of pages accomplished? No journaling, mind you - just the pictures with the borders, stickers, titles etc - but STILL!!!

101!!! That's right.

3 comments:

Chantelle said...

Wow! 101 pages is incredible! I'm glad you're 'refreshed' too. You got me thinking because in the 8 years I've been a mom I've never been away without my kids and husband for more than 2 hours. The thought never occured to me! Something to ponder! :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah - wow!! I'm impressed, Ame - that's aLOT of pages, my friend!! That's great, though -- nice to get away -- 2 years - goodness. That's awesome -- I don't leave Jonah too too often - but whenever I do, I always realize how nice it is to get away - and then I'm dying to see him when I get back home -- its good to have alone time - and time with friends!! I'm so happy for you. I miss you. I'm going to call you TODAY! yep - I don't know your sched, but...I'm calling. I love ya.

CurtisYolandaEliNate said...

wow that is very encouraging that you where able to do some scrapbooking! I haven't done any in so very long! I have Nate's pictures ready to to in his album . I haven't had any mornings or times out without the boys since Nate was born. He is now 15 months. I hope once we get to Gordon Conwell there will be times away. Take Care I hope to update my blog soon, I just don't get time to relax online with the boys etc!