Life

Wow....I'm really rotting at this whole posting thing lately.

Lots of little things happening lately. Mostly just life stuff. I'm finally starting to feel like I know what I'm doing at work. It's definitly not my LOVE sitting in an office by myself and working with numbers, paying bills etc. I actually find it quite funny that this is what I am getting paid to do, as I don't really have a sweet clue of the bills and money happenings in my own home! If Kev were to kick the bucket, I know where he keeps the file of "our life," but other than that - things wouldn't go south pretty fast!

Ah well. My work is only a few hours a week, it pays some bills, and I love the school. One couldn't ask for a nicer atmosphere to work in. This is the place where Kaden spent two days each week the first year of his life - in a little swing, exersaucer, or johnny jump up! The Lord knew that we needed to have Kaden first - Jesse would have lasted ten minutes in that tiny space before he would've freaked out, and I would've gotten fired! :0)

For our family day last week, we all went ice fishing on super slippery Green Lake. Jesse was not impressed at his lack of ability to stay standing, so I pushed him around on a sled. I took one nice digger that Daddy got a good picture of AND stuck my entire boot right through a hole in the ice, but other than that, we stayed relatively dry. We had hot chocolate and played around on the ice until naptime. One of our bait fish lived to see another day, so he is now our pet "until he dies," says Kaden. And his name.....wait for it...."Fishy." Of course.

We had a wonderful friend from Pennsylvania come and visit us for a long weekend this past week. He was sort of like a surrogate uncle to the kids while we lived out there. I fear Kaden may have sucked him dry, but he seemed to have a good time.

We took him to the coast, as he had never been there before - in 20 degree weather. It was FREEZING but beautiful. We fed the seagulls, and one POOPED on my head! That's a first! It felt like someone threw a rock at my skull! Both boys were quite the gentlemen as they proceeded to double over laughing hysterically before Kev would wipe it out of my hair for me! Good times! :0)

And now we are in the throes of support raising. It's been a slow start, but I do love getting together with people that we know and love and just hanging with each other for a few hours, sharing food and our hearts with them. It's been really nice reconnecting and building our team. There's always some wonderful encouragement right when we need it!

I'm off to scrapbook for the weekend with some friends, and I CAN'T WAIT! It has been well over a year since I even touched a photo. I have grand plans for what I hope to accomplish - 1,400 pics give or take. We shall see. We shall see.

And today, we are just hanging home - two boys with colds and their Mommy. A slow, lazy day of making bread, reading Little House on the Prairie, watching an occasional show, and maybe some painting...maybe even a baby to snuggle if friends want to enter the germ house!

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Chantelle said...

PLEASE tell me that somebody got a pic of the seagull poop in your hair????????? HA! (Did Kevin ever tell you that joke about the seagull and the toilet paper?)

love ya!