It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

For my boys and I at least.......

Tis the season for bugs and creepy crawlies! Whoo-hooo! We have been waiting, I tell you. And this day - as I type - we have not one, but FOUR treasures gracing my cupboard space. A strange sort of beetle that I have yet to discover the name. Her name is Georgia....but Kaden pulled one of her legs off by accident, and she kicked the bucket a couple of days ago. No tears shed though, for on our walk two days ago, we found a sweet little wooly bear caterpillar who now resides with dead Georgia.

And THEN!!! Last night on our way home from support raising, at around 9:00 at night with two very tired kidlets, Daddy joined in on the action and stopped the car in the middle of an old country road so that I could jump out and catch us two little froggies! Oh the excitement that abounded! We put them in an old coffee cup for the rest of the ride home and those frogs were nuts in there - they almost escaped through the hole twice. Once we got home to the lobby, one did escape and started hopping down the hallway! Friday night excitement, I tell you! So, now we have two little "WOGS!!!" as Jesse likes to scream at them: George and Georgia (in honor of Missy dead beetle).

Oh the joy! It's the first thing on their minds in the morning. While I was still in bed today, I heard them laughing hysterically because one got loose and was hopping all over the kitchen!

Now, we are watching and waiting for frogs' eggs and salamadars that will soon join our fun little stash of counter decor. And shortly after that there will be crayfish and more caterpillars to turn to moths and worms and bugs and - oh - maybe a baby kitten thrown in there too! Who knows!

I did say that we were embracing the chaos!

Come on over and meet the new family!

* * * * * *

(Man - if it's a girl, she'd better not be woosy........)

6 comments:

Chantelle said...

Sounds like a fun (and very BOY) household indeed! :) My lone boy, in a sea of 3 (soon-to-be-4) sisters, would love it at YOUR house!

Say hi to the wogs for me! :)

Angie said...

you are the perfect mom for your boys, i tell you!!! my son would love it at your place too! :)

my kind of friday night fun, usually involves a glass of wine, not a glass of frogs. :) love you! xoxo

Kristi said...

Haha -- you're too much -- that's awesome, Ame -- and your boys are very lucky to have a mama that catches frogs for them...how many little boys can say that?! Have you told them how you used to kiss all the little frogs at the pond down the road from your house?!?! :) ahhhh...I love ya.

KateO said...

That is too funny. I guess you have bred the love of creepy crawly things in them, cause my boy WILL NOT touch such things. I have a feeling his little brother will though...he's a fearless one.
Kate

Shannon said...

I can never visit the Mt Hope Cemetery without thinking of you catching frogs, Ame. I love that you are a real Maine girl and yet oh so feminine too! The perfect role model for you little men. Missed you today. Hoping for next week! We're on the mend.

Shay said...

Fun! :)