Been Awhile.....

I just realized that I have been off the radar for quite some time now. I seem to go through phases of posting daily and sometimes multiple times daily...to people wondering if I've died because of the length of time that goes between posting!

I haven't purposefully become a hermit. I think that's just how I get sometimes when my life feels a little bit out of control and when there is so much change going on that I don't quite know how to process it all. I am quite a creature of habit, and I love when my life has a somewhat predictable routine. I talk big about "bringing on the change," but when it actually happens, it throws me for a loop until I can find a rhythm again.

Needless to say, there's pretty much nothing about our lives right now that looks like it did a few weeks ago. Well - that's not true. Kev is still leading worship at our church, and things are going really well there. AND - a huge blessing to us is that our landlord has guaranteed us another year here with our rent staying the same if Kev helps out a few hours a week marketing the hotel. So, those things are steady and stable. Two huge things for which I am thankful.

Pretty much everything else though.......whew! The winds of change are upon us. And it's good - it's all very good. It's just a lot to wrap my brain around. Whenever our family goes through a season of change - which seems to happen a lot with us - I always find myself really thoughtful as we process through all of the new.

It is during these somewhat stressful times of change that the Lord reminds me afresh and anew of my great need for Him, of the necessity of making time, and of the need to be still amidst the crazyness to hear His still small voice calling me and wooing me back to Him. He knows my heart. He knows what needs to be done. He knows what I need, and he knows the needs of my family.

He promises me just what I need for today. The light He provides for my path is just enough to see ahead for the next couple of steps. That is enough.

"He shall feed His flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with His arm, and carry them in his bosom, and He shall gently lead those that are with young." - Isaiah 40:11.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love that verse ame and really looking forward to dinner next week