Food for Thought.

** So, as far as the jellybean jar Lent/Easter visual goes, need it be said that theologically, it is obviously not totally and completely spot on? Obviously, we can't "earn" anything when it comes to our salvation and that it is ALL about God's grace. That's not really the point here in this activity with the kids, but I just had to put that out there.

Okay, moving on.
Here's a video I came across today that was equal parts perspective and swift kick in the butt for me:



Whew. I find this video - this reminder - to be heavy.

'Tis true what James says, that life is but a vapor...

And how I long for Him - the author of my existence and my being - to write the story of my life.
How I need to get out of the way and let Him.

Because this world is not our home, but we get to live in the waiting room until the Forever begins. And He wants us to live fully, so that when the time comes we will be fully ready to go Home. This fleeting blink of a life here - where we may never leave the twelve-block radius of our one horse town, can still be lived in such a way that delivers into the fullest of Forever Afters.

We are not - everyone of us - going to be a Mother Teresa or a Billy Graham.
In fact, that was never to be the intention for our lives.
We have all been strategically placed right where we are, with the families that we are in, in our own little spheres of influence that nobody else around us has. And this is where we are to live - fully alive.

This is where we are to make impact.

And when we view life through the proper lens, our domestic routines and our crazy schedules can suddenly become something altogether different. When Christ is at the center of everything that we do, then "the work that we do is only our love for Jesus in action." ~ Mother Teresa.

We become His hands and His feet wherever we go.
We become empty so that we can in turn, fill others.
We are blessed, so that we might be a blessing. (Genesis 12:2)

If we are truly living for The One, than our little lives and the little deeds that we do each and every day - when they are done in His power and through His spirit - they become multiplied, making the larger world - our own spheres of influence - a better place.

We become "a current in a river of grace that redeems the world!" ~ Ann Voskamp.

And those fleeting years of life down here will have Eternal impact on the rest of our Forever.

Yes. Good perspective.

1 comment:

Emily Eli said...

Thank Amy for the "food for thought". I enjoyed the video of Francis Chan as well. I love how he takes things and puts them in action or gives great examples to relate things too. I had talked with a friend of mine a month or so ago about heaven. That honestly the idea of heaven has kind of always scared me. What are we going to be doing all day? Am I going to be bored? She pointed out something so simple and now I find it not so wired to think of. That God is very creative, and he has created this whole world. He loves surprises! Why would I think heaven would be boring? Word. :) Now I get excited for what it will be like and things God has planned. He is pretty amazing after all...