Finding our Groove.

We are slowing easing back into life again.
Finding our rhythm and getting back to our norm.

I, for one, have been living in the same pair of p.j. pants for the past three days.
Still a bit bleary eyed, but getting there.

It's been fun to watch all three boys settle back into their favorite little spaces and greet all of their toys and books...and pets....with new appreciation, and much, um, enthusiasm!

I'm pretty sure the chickens missed the boys equally.
Er, not so much.
Poor girls...

And this little cat of ours?

Holy Hannah - we could hear him meowing inside while we were walking up the steps when we first came home. He greeted us right at the door and has been a perpetual shadow wherever I walk. At bedtime, he can either be found wrapped around Kaden's head, or weaseling his way under my covers and begging to share my pillow with me.

I can't say that I really mind.
Kevy begs to differ.....

But, seriously, how can one resist this fat little ball of fluff?
He has it rough, this little Smudge of ours.

And so, we are easing in. Slowly and steadily.
Preparing to kick it into high gear and get completely back on track next week.
But, these past few days have been good for us.
Resting and refueling.
Reconnecting and rebuilding.

Happy weekend, friends!

1 comment:

Emily Eli said...

That cat is so cute! I wish I wasn't allergic to cats, I think they can be kind of cool. I am more of a dog person myself. Doug's parents have two cats that I love to play with after I have taken my benodryl that is. :)