These Days at Home.

Our thankful tree is growing.

As soon as he sat up to the kitchen table this morning, the first words out of Kaden's mouth were: "Jesse, what are your thankfuls for today?"

Our new additions thus far are:
for Kaden ~ my cats, my friends, our chickens & their eggs, and Baby Rivers.
for Jesse ~ fish frying in the pan (although it was breakfast), Kaden and his brothers (so, I guess he's thankful for himself!), Baby Rivers, and my swingset.

THIS is the little bit of deliciousness whom we babysit for once a week - the baby that both of my boys listed this morning. All the boys put on their charm and show their best tricks when she's around. But, because she's closest to Ransom's size, I think he's claimed her for his very own!

And my list of loves for today have included:

:: sharing tea with just Jesse - the only one awake
:: a beautiful walk in the warm sun - in November, no less.
:: watching my fearless one scale a tree until I could hardly see him.
:: listening to Ransom bust a gut all by himself in his crib.
:: our kitten - sweet and gentle, bringing joy to my boys.
:: my hubby going out to get us a treat for a little date night at home.
:: And the anticipation of our family day tomorrow.

Little things - little loves.
Good things - Good days.
Nothing amazing or particularly noteworthy to report, on the one hand. Just a whole bunch of little things that fill our hours and make up our todays. But on the other hand - it's a whole list of thankfuls, blessing overflowing, undeserved and unearned - to give back to Jesus.

"The one thousand presents wake me to the presence of God - but more so, living eucharisteo, living in thanks, has done the far harder work of keeping me awake to Him...all that I count to Him counts for everything - seeing eyes that might illuminate the glory of Christ in all." ~ Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts

3 comments:

Kate said...

Smudge is turning into a man! Look how much he's grown!

Also, your boys. How I looove them. And you. Hugs to all!

Chantelle said...

That picture of kitty MUST be framed. Oh my adorableness!

rachael a said...

smudge is getting so big. :(

i wish kittens could stay. . . kittens.