Easing In.


I had a big ole' theological post ready to be published for today, but then I thought to myself - Hey, it's Monday - why don't we ease into our week just a little bit first? Yes, let's do that, shall we? Nothing too deep or serious for this first day of the work week. Just a bunch of little loves for this lovely Fall day.

In no particular order ~

:: My new favorite game to play with Kev is, "There's a Buck in the Garden." Last year, Kaden saw a big buck in our garden while Kev was sitting in his tree stand out back. I texted him, and within minutes that beasty boy was ours. So, this year, we're all staking out the backyard for another trophy. Needless to say, it's great fun to run to a window and yell out: "Oh my word! There's a buck in the garden!" The littles and I, at least, find it hilarious.

:: I love kissing Kevy in the kitchen whilst all the littles are looking on. It both delights and disgusts them all at the same time, and then they usually all come running for a "sandwich hug." We put them all between us, and then we squish the guts out of them. One of my most favorite things, really.

:: I am also shamelessly in love with our local transfer station (a.k.a. the dump). We have this little room where people drop off anything that they don't want anymore, and it's free dibs for whoever wants it. I have scored some serious stuff at this, our local Wal-Mart. Check out my latest acquirement:

It totally and completely rocks.
Methinks rich people live all around me.

:: It is tradition at our house, that whenever anyone goes to get the mail, all the hoolies run to the window and watch for either a thumbs up - "they've got mail" or a thumbs down - "not today."

Today, Grammy delivered.
She sends the best little cards - and they are always filled with either gum or stickers. I am totally doing this for my grandbabies someday.

:: And I love the little "pu-corn" date that Ransom and I had - just the two of us - out on our front step today. The big boys were playing legos together in their room, and it was way too beautiful to have our snack inside at the table, so we went out on the front step and had sweet, garbled little conversations while we watched all of the cars and trucks go by. It was delicious.

So, there you have it. A gentle, easing in to a brand new week of school and work and play. Deep thoughts with Amy will come another day. Today we are still.

"Bless the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits." ~ Psalm 68:19

"Blessings keep our awareness of life's holy potential ever present. They awaken us to our lives..." ~ Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts

1 comment:

Kate said...

We used to do sandwich hugs, too! Mama and Daddy were the slices of bread, I was the slice of ham (or turkey) and Kelsey was the cheese . . . Sam (as he was attached to Mom at the time, haha) was the mayonnaise . . . :)