The State of Affairs.

Well, Irene had a bit of a heyday with the corn in my garden and with a few of my tomato plants that had grown about as tall as trees. She's looking a wee bit sad these days, as some of my plants are starting to die off anyway. My cukes are about done. I'm still getting a few stragglers here and there. And I didn't stay on top of my one piddly row of beans enough, so they have also gone by the wayside.

We are gearing up for the tomato phase and all things spaghetti sauce and salsa. Other than that, the squashes can sit for awhile and harden off, and the peppers, swiss chard, and lettuce are patient with me.

Lew came over to check out my corn because I was worried that I needed to pick it all, now that it was mostly laying on the ground. He assured me that as long as the roots were still in the ground, then everything was okay.

"She ain't pretty, De-ah, but she'll still taste good!"


A tiny little taste.

Something that I worked so hard for, potentially having it be ruined, and having it be completely out of my control. So many are living that now or have lived through it in the past and are still reeling from all of the damage done and things lost.

How blessed we are.
How blessed I am.
And most days I take it completely for granted.

No comments: