A Promise

Okay. So continuing on a wee bit from my last post....

I hereby, do solemnly swear to be honest and forthright in my struggles, my weaknesses, and my insecurities in this whole journey of motherhood and parenting.....oh heck....let's just say in LIFE. I promise to try my hardest not to sugarcoat things and make them appear perfect when they are far less than that. I promise to try and encourage and uplift other Moms and women. And I promise to not portray myself as a "Supermom" online where it's really easy to show the world just one little speck of our lives when there are SO many other sides that people never see.

I mean, seriously, when you think about this whole "blogging" concept.....no one truly KNOWS anyone if this is all we ever get of each other. Good grief - I can post the most beautiful pictures and entries and my life could be in total shambles.....but no one would EVER know.

So, here's the deal. Let's all be honest with each other as we walk this journey. Let's share the good, the bad, and the ugly. (Without invading other's privacy's, of course. Poor Kevy - the dear man has married someone who doesn't have a whole lot of reservations with ANYONE!) So....within reason, right? When it could serve to encourage others....let's be real. Let's be vulnerable.

Because, when just one of us dares to make the first move and let down our walls to let others TRULY see our hurts, our needs, and our insecurities.....you can literally hear other's walls coming down. It's good stuff.

So, I'll go first. Here are just a smattering of things that I am CURRENTLY obsessing/struggling/thinking about. Depending on the day, it's one of those three options.

1. Homeschooling Kaden. I'm a bit paralyzed by the whole idea, but I feel like this is something that the Lord would maybe like for us to try. It suits our ministry lifestyle and our desire for simplicity. We shall see where it leads us.....and if Kaden will actually learn to read this year. It could be sketchy. But, I'll be honest...I promise. As the days progress, I'll keep you posted!

2. Comparing. I'm always comparing myself to others - their bodies, their homes, their mothering, the obedience in their children. Not a good standard. The Lord alone needs to be this....and He is sloooowly teaching me - slowly humbling me. Slowly showing me areas of pride that need to be dealt with. Painful but good.

3. My quiet, alone time with Jesus. Emphasis on "quiet" and "alone". I need to get up earlier or be a better steward of naptimes. It is not at the depth or consistency that it needs to be. If I was married to Jesus (which He is supposed to be our true Bridegroom, right?) than our marriage would be struggling. A marriage needs more than "survival prayers" and a Proverb a day kind of deal. Our relationship needs more quality dates. More intimacy. When THIS is good - all other things fall into place. What needs to be priority becomes priority and all other things fall by the wayside.

So there you have it. Just a smattering. And more will come. I promise.

3 comments:

Chantelle said...

Once again, AMEN.
I love it.
I love REAL.
I love you. :)

ange said...

wow..are you sure you didnt just read my mind about myself..

i sure wished you lived closer..i think we'd have us a mighty fine friendship indeed..

Angie said...

oh amy, I love you. i feel like such a horrible friend that we haven't talked in soooo long. that must change! please, please, please, message me on facebook with your phone number (i seem to recall something happening to your phone) and I will call sooon! we are just getting back from vacation too, but really would love to hear what's going on in your heart and life! i love reading your blog and its been ages since I have, so please forgive me for that. I love your honesty and transparency...such an example. love the pics of your boys and your time on the island!! looks like you had a wonderful time and I am soo happy for you! ok, so we must catch up! I love, love, love you and will call you soon!! promise! (just don't forget to send me your number!). xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxo