Happenings

~ The boys are outside - completely naked - playing on their slip n slide! And I must admit - it really does work MUCH better when they're in the buff as opposed to having their swimtrunks and rash shirts on. It's SO hot, and the house completely hides them - and they're having SO much fun - it's all good.

~ We just got back from a glorious long week-end up at my parent's house celebrating the 4th of July with them. We went for long canoe rides, which Ransom did not totally approve of; we swam in the lake; went for long 4-wheeler rides; saw the parade; and took the two big boys out for a night on the town to go on some fair rides and see the fireworks. They didn't get to bed until almost 11:00 that night, and they had an absolute blast! And they LOVED the fair rides! We would see brief looks of terror cross their faces sometimes, but they were always followed by hoots of hysterical - way overtired - laughter. So, it was just wonderful. And although, I am getting a wee bit tired of living out of my suitcase this summer, it was totally worth it.

~ My garden has gone gangbusters. I have about four bales of mulch hay on it, and whenever I'm home, I spend an hour or so a day in it, but other than that - it's on its own!

~ Once again, I have acquired some poison ivy. I was expecting this. Last week, I was pretty sure that I mowed over some of it and had it spit all over my legs. Awesome. I'm at peace with its perpetualness in my life, though. Not sure how else to deal with it.

~ Little Rancey Pants is on day 2 of baby boot camp. Poor little guy - it's really our fault - traipsing him all over God's green earth. He's started waking in the night at least once and often two and three times, and now he's come to expect a midnight snack every night. I appeased him while we were at our grad class because there were people all around us, but now we are home. He's doing much better. We're getting back on track....and that makes for a much happier Mama.

~ The girls are ginormous. I think that Mr. Turk believes he's their Mommy. She flutters around like a mother hen and is always corraling them from wandering too far away. It's pretty cute. They're going to be lost come November......

~ It's hot. We have no A.C. I think I'm molding. It's time to go and make some milkshakes, methinks. Signing off! Happy week, friends!

No comments: