For Caleb....the One Great Turkey! (pics below)

We have a pretty rockin' friend from Pennsylvania who PROMISED to read my blog if I give him an honorable mention somewhere in my next post. So, although this post is going to be all about my girls......it's also about Brendan Caleb Way who we love and who is maybe going to come visit us sooooon! You rock, Caleb. Truly you do. If ever I have another boy, I just might name him Caleb - that's how much we love you!

On to my chickens......

Have you seen my girls lately? Have I mentioned how much I love them? Do you even remember what they used to look like? I didn't think so! So, let's do a few "that-was-then-and-this-is-now" kind of pics. Fun! Fun!

This was Turk when she was just a wee babe:

And this is her now! She's the Mama of the bunch. Not sure if she's going to make it to the Thanksgiving table......She looks scary, but she's a gentle giant. The kids lug her everywhere!



My baby ducklings:

My big girls now who enjoy the kiddie pool more than the boys do!


And my wee little chickies - Spotty, Blackie, Chloe, Clementine, Lucy, & Chipmunk:

And here they are now:
Well, at least a few made it in this picture. The ones in the front are the Americaunas. I have three of these, two barred rocks (my favorite, and the prettiest, I think), and a black sex-link, (I think). She was supposed to be a barred rock. I got tricked. But, we love her. She's Kaden's fave. The smallest and the naughtiest of the bunch!

And this is pretty much what they do ALL day....they hang out in their own little club.....wandering over our whole yard.


I LOVE them.
AND.....you're welcome, Caleb. :0)

7 comments:

Chantelle said...

Holy wow. Turk is, umm, so cute! (fingers crossed behind back)

Your duckies, however... oh my. I am sooooo envious of the adorable-ness that you get to soak in every day!! :)

Chantelle said...

You should make a blog header with your DUCKY pics in it! :) And you could re-name your blog something like "Life with my Boys...and the girls". :-)

Chantelle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shay said...

cute!

Jessica said...

sooo cute Amy! Missing you!

Caleb said...

I feel so honored! My phone has been ringing off the hook with people wanting to meet me and become my friend. Amy, I can never thank you enough.

I think Ill add your blog to my summer reading list;).....and the Rev should contribute a few entries!!

Life With My Joys..... said...

Caleb, I edited the hilarious (it is hilarious, right?) title of this post. In other words, you are the ONE GREAT TURKEY!! That's hilarious! (well kind of hilarious) OK maybe it wasn't funny at all. Amy said, "I don't get it." Kev