Painting the Town.....

Kev left us all this week and flew to Pasadena, CA to do some training with U.S. Center for World Missions. Since it was going to be a weird week with him gone and me lonely, my dear friend Rachey Rach from New York made the nine hour road trip up with her little girl to stay with me and the boys for the week. We've been planning a visit for sometime this summer anyway, so this week was perfect!

I met Rach at PBU when we moved out there three years ago. She and her hubby did the same thing we did: quit their jobs, sold their homes, and completely uprooted, so we were kindred spirits instantly. She and I lived one building over, we took the same classes together, love the same things, and became each other's family away from home - one of those friendships where you are in each other's lives on a daily basis only briefly but where the friendship will last forever. Rach even came over and slept on my couch at 3:30 in the morning and made my Kaden feel loved and special when I went into labor with Jesse.

So, it was a special gift to have her here all week to keep me company. And I do believe that I ran her ragged! I wanted her to see all of the things that we do and love, I wanted to show her my roots, and then I also wanted to do a whole bunch of super fun things with all of the kidlets. So, every day, we did something fun together! I showed her the house that we used to own, we fed the baby goats and got ice cream at a local orchard, we went to Bar Harbor and had a picnic on Sand Beach, we went to Camden and walked the pier, we killed some yard sales, we did some antiquing, we went up home and I took her 4-wheeling, introduced her to black flies, went frogging at the pond, and had smores in our fire pit; and we did very little sleeping!

For two single pregos and three kidlets, I'd say we did pretty good. It was glorious. Her little Moriah finally started to warm up to a household of boys - the youngest of which always wanted to kiss her and hold her hand! She got to snuggle lots of salamanders, and I'm sure she also learned a lot of tricks that her mommy will be thrilled with.

But she was the one who FIRST went wading in hotel landscaping sprinkler system......they just followed her leading......

No comments: