A Gift From My Mom....

My mom wrote me this poem a few days ago, and it made me cry when she read it to me. Another reminder to savor these precious years.....


"My Daughter's World"

Her days are filled with sweet little boys -
Wiping little noses and picking up toys;
Turning over rocks and looking for slugs -
Going for long walks and catching lots of bugs.

Getting slimy kisses from a dear little face
or wiping off his tears - 'till there's not a trace!
One likes his hands clean - he doesn't like the grime -
And one doesn't care if he's covered in slime!

She often hears the sound of small running feet,
or an impish voice say: "Can I have a treat?"
"Mommy, can you read to me - just one more book?"
How could she refuse that precious little look!

"Let's bake some cookies, Mommy!! Let's go to the park!"
"Let's go fishing at the pond - can we stay 'till dark?"
Whether wading in the brooks or catching "tads" and frogs -
They can find all their "treasures" hiding under logs!

Loving everything that creeps, crawls or flies -
Seeing God's creation through a little boy's eyes!
This is now her world - this daughter of mine -
And nothing would she change that could be so fine
as to hear their childish voices singing her a song -
or laughing as they play - while the days roll along.

Two little boys - with another "on the way" -
Sometimes can make for a very long day;
But their sunshiny faces, their laughter and their songs
Make her world a brighter place and set right all the wrongs!

For these tender years are gone too soon
And she knows that she will miss
Those little hands - those litte feet -
And that precious "good night" kiss.


With a final thought so poignant and true: "Treasure these days, daughter of mine! Dedicated to my daughter and her little brood of boys: You are blessed, Amy, and so are they - ....

for "their world" is what you make it!"

9 comments:

rachael a said...

your MOM is a treasure. . as well as you and all your boys. . big and little. :)

Esther said...

That is SOOOOO sweet! Definitely a tear jerker. Oh by the way, I am trying out the digital scrapping and I love it. I'll have to show you cause I think you'd love it too : )

Angie said...

oh, Linda is so great! a poem from one great mom to another! love you!

Angie said...

oh, Linda is so great! a poem from one great mom to another! love you!

Chantelle said...

Very sweet and true.

Rachael said...

So sweet...can I adopt your mom...please????? :o) Those of us that have had the pleasure of knowing your ma just claim her as our own!! Love ya!

Rachael said...

P.S. Tell her I'm waiting for a poem of my own now...one about girls preferably.... :o)

Anonymous said...

A treasure!!

Rachel

kristi said...

That is awesome, Amy -- mom told me your mom wrote you a poem - I'm so glad you shared it with us!! So sweet -- what a treasure...must be amazing for our mama's to see US as mama's...what a gift it is to be a mom -- I love reading about your life - you are a blessed little mama, for sure -- I love ya.