Life

I had my second appointment with my new midwife yesterday. It was long, and the whole little family came. The boys were busy but good for us. It took most of the morning with going over old records, getting blood work done, checking the stats of me and the babe. She says we've got a live one in there - she could barely follow him/her in order to check their heartbeat. Kev and I looked at each other - oh no - another one! :0) It's all good! Hard to believe I'm in my fifth month - almost halfway there now. It still doesn't seem completely real to me, and there are days when I think that I've already reached my maximum capacity, so what in the world am I thinking in bringing another little life into this world?

But I am quieted and I am stilled. It's not about me - and it's not about my capacity and capabilities. It's all about Christ and His sole sufficiency!

While the boys were playing quietly this morning I read in the Psalms about acquiring wisdom and with wisdom seeking to acquire understanding as well. I'm to take hold of it and guard it - "for it is my LIFE!" Wisdom and understanding need to be at the heart of all that I do; and when I prize these two things the results will be "grace" and "beauty." (Psalm 4) Who doesn't want a Mommy who is gracious with her speech and life and who is full of beauty on the inside? This is my prayer.

This blessed me today:

"We have to accept the reality that there is much uncertainty in parenting. Parenting is very much a walk by faith rather than by sight. God has planned it this way. Rather than relying on ourselves and our capabilities, we are constantly thrown upon the throne of God, feeling helpless and overwhelmed.

That is right where God wants us---at his feet. So the source of so much pain in parenting, sends us to source of the greatest solace---God himself.

Loving God with all our heart and soul and mind is our highest calling.

“If I pursue God first as my highest call and am satisfied in His love, then I am freed not to love my children less but to love them rightly.”

When I focus on loving God first, then it seems to set everything in a clearer perspective.

I can resist the constant temptation to see my children as extensions of myself, which gets me into a lot of trouble!

I can resist the temptation to find my identity, significance and purpose through my children instead of through Christ."

When I get this order right—loving God first—an amazing thing happens. I have so much more love—the right kind of love!-- to offer my children. I have less pride, more understanding and patience to offer".


Good, eh? I didn't write it, but Jesse's awake, and I'm too tired to link to this lady. More to come on her at another time......She's over on my right sidebar under "Good Stuff" - "A Holy Experience."

2 comments:

rachael a said...

this was a comfort to me today ames. i am scared to have a second. . let alone a third! :) i feel so unable.. and i might always feel that way. . but it doesn't mean i AM unable. :)

Unknown said...

That's right, Rachey--He is able!