A Week-end in the County.....

.....and why it soothes my soul. Oooh, let me just count the ways!!!

:: A 2 hour drive north while kidlets sleep, coffee in hand, with nothing to look at but trees.
:: A pee pit stop at the Mt. Katahdin overlook...running up into the woods with Kaden and finding 4 salamanders and huge worms to entertain the boys for the rest of the trip.
:: Sleeping in every morning until 8:30 or 9:00 while the grandparents play with the kids.
:: LIVING outside in our wellies and getting sunburned and filthy.
:: Wading in the stream out back and floating wooden boats down it.
:: Four-wheeling for hours and stopping to fish at the river.
:: Bonfires and hotdog roasts.
:: Antiquing with Mom while the boys watch the kidlets.
:: Visiting with family in that slow, easy way.
:: People popping in for coffee, because that's just what you do!
:: Petting freshly hatched baby chicks.
:: Sitting outside in lawn chairs while listening to Hank Williams.
:: Remembering to just stop and truly savor life.

Ahhh, bliss!

6 comments:

Trish D said...

Sounds like bliss to me!

Oh, and I can't recall if I've officially congratulated you guys yet, but wooo hooooo! :) And what a blessing to find such a wonderful midwife, too

Angie said...

There are elements of your mini vacation that appeal to me (the coffee, the relaxin' with the fam, the antiquing with NO kiddies!), but the rest I'll leave for you to enjoy! :) Sooo glad you had such a wonderful and restful time! I'm sure your mom and dad were some happy to see you guys too! We must chat soon! love you my country bumpkin! xoxo

KateO said...

curious as to what a "wellie" is.
But the weekend sounds so nice.
Kate

Sarah said...

sounds simply delightful!

Victoria Bean said...

Sounds awesome! I'd love a day like that...just to get away and enjoy the surroundings! Ahhh...

<3 Tori Bean

rachael a said...

oooooh. . . sigh. it all sounds too good to be true. so envious. :)