I am In Love.....

And Sarah is my hero. No joke - I mean it. Although, I'm a little frustrated because your maternity pants rock, but they're all two inches too highwater for me!

As of today, I have solidified my choice of midwife practice and hospital for baby #3....and it turns out that all three kidlets will be born in different places with different people delivering them. That's okay, right?

Ever since we've moved home, I've been stressed out of my tree because I really really did not want to deliver this baby in the same hospital where I delivered Kaden. I know that this could be a completely different birth experience, and that no two deliveries would be alike, and I would have someone different deliver this baby, and I could maybe even possibly have a fantastic experience there etc. etc.

But, to be honest, I don't even want to entertain the thought. Kaden's birth was just way too traumatic for me. I get nauseaus just driving by that hospital and am having a hard time getting past that, so I've been praying and searching for an alternative route.

WELL!!!!

Really long story short - thanks to some legwork by Sarah - and some mass amounts of praying on Kev's and my part, the Lord has led us both to a hospital and a midwife practice that I am very much in love with. The hospital is a half hour drive away - it was a 45 minute drive for Jesse - so this is no big deal. It's very small, which I like. Each room is decorated differently and made to be very cozy. Each room has it's own shower, and whether I use it or not, I want the option without having to walk down the hall. There is a tub where I can both labor and deliver in if I so choose. And what sold me - hands down - is the nurse saying multiple times "We are known for letting the women write their own birth stories."

They are also very family friendly. There are no visiting hours - family and friends can come whenever I so choose. The recovery rooms don't just have a chair for Kev to spend the night in with me - he'll get his own bed. AND - sometime during our stay, after the baby's birth, we will be given a special meal to share together to celebrate our "accomplishment!"

They know how to "sit on their hands" and wait, they don't do anything just for routine purposes - no automatic I.V.'s, no external belly monitoring for extended periods of time, they don't even offer epidurals, and they are known for being patient, for listening to the moms, and for willing to wait things out. All VERY important things for me.

And today, I met the owner and founder of the midwife practice down the road and she completely sold me on the deal. I took her my records from both boys and she said that she is perfectly comfortable having me as a patient, AND if the same thing were to repeat itself she would not rush to induce like what happened with Kaden. She said she would watch me closely, but she is a huge proponent of waiting and letting the body take care of things when it's ready. She is right across the board with us on SO many things - she is a proponent of all things natural and homeopathic, she knew of all of the crazy supplements and things I was taking for Jesse and she approves and will even write prescriptions for them, there was absolutely no pressure on different tests, shots, and procedures, and she was just so so awesome.

Like I said, I'm in love. I am just so happy and so relieved and so thankful. Even if the end of my pregnancy goes ka-put I feel very confident and secure in our decision of who will take care of us, and Kev feels the same. Thank you, Jesus!

7 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh, wow -- that is so great...and I am so jealous...right after I read your post, I googled it to see if we have anything like that here. nope. no midwives at all. maybe by the time i have my next kid...i hope. that's really awesome for you, though -- sounds like a great place...and must give you so much peace of mind knowing you'll be in good hands. that's really great, Ame. Did you find out what you're having yet?! i'll have to chat with you again soon -- you're going up to your mom's this week?! have fun...wish I could come too!! miss and love ya loads.

Sarah said...

Yay, Yay, Yay a thousand times over! So excited for you!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous of your midwife!!! We don't have that chance where I live. We hope to some day. It is my hubby's secret wish for me to not make it to the hospital in time and take care of things himself.
So glad things are working out so well for you!

Chantelle said...

"They don't offer epidurals"?

Do they atleast offer little homeopathic shots of vodka? :D

Katie said...

Ohhhhh . . . that is so very cool. Am I going to be home when you deliver? I want to visit this awesome birthing center! ;)

Loves to the Bookers!

~Katie

Angie said...

That's wonderful ame!! I've had midwives with all 3 my babies, but they don't have a birthing center...you choose either the hospital or a home birth..with them delivering at either. Sounds wonderful!! But, in case this falls through, PLEASE feel free to call moi and I would LOVE to deliver your sweet little baby..free of charge!! :) I have no formal training, but plenty of experience and desire...and those should count for something, right?? ;) And kristi...I do believe I offered (continuously) to be your midwife and was laughed away each time, so you're getting no sympathy from me. :) :) xoxoxo

Kelsey said...

OH MY GOSH!!!

I can't believe it!!

My family didn't tell me!! (tsk, tsk!)

I am so excited that I have to end every sentence with two exclamation marks!!

:-D

Love you all... hopefully we can catch up some this summer.. although I do suppose you'll be slightly busy. Haha. ;-)