Boyz.......

In the past few weeks, my boys really seem to be coming into their, shall we say, "boyhood" much more than they ever have before. A certain wildness has begun to characterize them like never before. Suddenly more than ever, certain "noises" strike them as uncontrollably hilarious, they find it hysterical to strip down to their undies and diaper and streak through the house at top speeds, and the newest development in the Booker household is that of the "Boys Club" where no girls are allowed.....except for Mama if they so choose to give me the secret password!

A couple of nights ago, the family activity of choice was for the THREE of my boys to set traps in the kid's bedroom and see if they could get me when I walked in "unknowingly." Most of the traps were silly, and I totally saw them coming. But the one that sent Kev bent over backwards in hysterics was pulling a rope to have their basketball hoop fall on Mama's head....ahem...in my "delicate condition".....I didn't quite see the hilarity in this one! OH the joy.

Me thinks maybe - just maybe - a wee girly might reset the balance a bit.....

HOWEVER - I MUST say that the perks of being in a household of all boys is quite lovely in many ways. Kaden told me just a couple of days ago that one of his most favorite things to do in the day is to get in bed and snuggle with me first thing in the morning. How precious is that? And Jesse is very much into showing me his brute strength lately by randomly ALL throughout the day coming and giving me "stong huks!" - (Strong Hugs!) Melt my heart. Life is good.

I can handle the wildness, I guess.

4 comments:

Shay said...

there is something magical about boys banding together - I love to watch my husband and son working on his project truck together, or rough-housing together. So sweet <3

rachael a said...

strong hugs. :) i love that. your boys rock. :) but i do kiiinda hope you have a girl. . just cuz it will be even MORE hilarious to see how that would play out. she'd def have to be a strong one. . to handle two big brothers. . much like her momma :)

Katie said...

Awww, I love boys-- especially yours!

*hugs to all the Booker clan*

kristi said...

I love your blogs - love those darlin boys, and just love you...you're great -- I can't wait to see if its another boy or a little girl...so exciting!!! have a wonderful Easter weekend with your boys.