Wonderland

We're snuggled up inside on another wintery day this Monday morning. It's usually the day when all my girls come over, but I'm thinking none of us will be braving the roads today.

It's been a very quiet, restful weekend for all of us over here. On Friday, we did absolutely nothing - and it was glorious. We all stayed in our pajamas all day, and we all took naps at naptime! That evening, we did go downstairs to the coffee shop to hear some friends play and sing....and after the boys went to sleep Kev and I did have a wee date with some Chinese - but it was a blissfully relaxing and sloooooow day.

On Saturday, we decided that we needed to go outside to get the stink blown off of us, so we went back to the Camden area to try another Mt. Battie trail! When we were there last weekend, one of the trails was completely plowed, so we took the stroller with us this time. Well, half of the trail was plowed, and half of it was super snowy, so we walked up as far as we had the gumption to do, and then Kev and Kaden hopped over to the other side of the trail and slid down while I tried to keep control of Jesse in the stroller while running down the mountain on the other side!

Yesterday, we had church in the morning as usual. During our first song, our saxophone player royally messed up his solo, and Kev and I could not hold it together on stage. The congregation was laughing too, so that was good, but - oh my word - I had problems keeping it together for the whole song. And to top things off - he was supposed to play a little ditty at the end of the song to finish it out, and he bombed that part, too! We literally had tears rolling down our faces as we were leaving the stage, and it took us a good five minutes back in the pew to pull things together. Good times! I haven't laughed that hard in awhile!

Church was cancelled last night because we thought the snow was coming in early, so we just vegged home as a family and we all watched part of a movie together with a fun little dessert. It was a very nice weekend before a very crazy week ahead. So, I am thankful for those three days.

But NOW - I haven't been around my friends for awhile, so I am CAGEY today! I need to pull myself together and find some things to keep all of us occupied while the storm rages around us. I'm going to look for some snowy, wintery books. We're maybe going to make a snowman cake, and if I feel really energetic we might do something that involves paint and messiness. We shall see! :0)

Happy winter wonderland!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

glad you enjoyed your weekend! We had a nice one too. I miss all you ladies but just as you said, I was not going to brave the roads today and Jason is home on a snow day so that's one more reason to stick around home today!

Anonymous said...

Haha -- I'm laughing at you guys laughing on stage...oh my word, I have been there...too many times, in fact...and you always want to laugh harder when you feel like you shouldn't!!! that's awesome!! :)

sounds like a nice weekend with your little fam...I can understand feeling 'cagey' at times, though...sometimes you want to be all nestled up in your home, other times you need to GET OUT!!! This winter has made for lots of nestling in at home...and most of the time, its okay. But -- I'm going out with some girls tonight, and...I'm excited!!! I love ya, Ame...will call you soon.

Anonymous said...

Haha, I hope your saxaphone player isn't totally crushed by his mess-up. Good story, though; I remember things like that happening during youth group band . . . :P