Winter Daaaaaaaze.......

This winter has seemed very long to me.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm coming off of three MILD Pennsylvania "winters" or what, but man, I am tired of the snow and the cold and all of the bundling that goes with this. The process of it all is beginning to get to me.

I think I'm just feeling cagey and mundane and same ole same ole. Not sure.

I'm also not a huge fan of change, and there is a lot of that coming our way these days. All good things - all "God" things - and all also very stretching things for this lover of all things comfortable and safe. I tend to get into "panic mode" before I settle into the new norm of what our life is going to look like. I'm learning. I feel like I've walked this road enough times to have it down by now, but it always takes me a bit to process things through. And God is gracious.

Whenever new chapters come our way, lots of family revamping and rescheduling take place, lots of reorganizing of priorities, and lots of quiet reminders from the Lord to me that I need to be drawing ever closer to Him, ever seeking His face, and ever striving to become more like Him.

We are making a life change career wise, I'm going to be going back to my Christian School to work very part time starting this week, and we may possibly have to find a new place to live come spring. All pretty big things for me. All things that force me to rely on the Lord for my sufficiency and strength - and not myself. I am not called to be comfortable. I am called to be obedient. Life's a journey - and we try to view it as an adventure - laying it all out there with no regrets. I honestly do feel this way most of the time. Sometimes, I just think I forget! :0)

I am being reminded afresh and anew these days to hold things loosely with an open hand. "My soul waits in silence for God ONLY; from Him is my salvation. He ONLY is my rock and my salvation." ~ Psalm 62:1,2

Be still and know that He is God.
Be still and know that He is holy.
Be still oh restless soul of mine.
Bow before the Prince of Peace,
Let the noise and clamor cease.

Be still and know that He is God.
Be still and know that He is faithful.
Consider all that He has done.
Stand in awe and be amazed.
And know that He will never change.
Be still.

Be still and know that He is God.
Come rest your head upon His breast.
Listen to the rhythm of His unfailing heart of love.
Beating for His little ones.
Calling each of us to Come.

Be still.
Be speechless.

3 comments:

Chantelle said...

Well you must have been led of the Holy Spirit because that was precisely what I needed to hear tonight...

"I am not called to be comfortable. I am called to be obedient."

Thanks SweetPea.
(Why didn't you call this week? TSK! TSK!) :)

Angie said...

I think I'm called to the southernmost beaches of the most beautiful islands, where I can sit all day, by the ocean, hearing God all around me..in the wind, the waves...the silence.

Oh. Sorry. Just woke up. :)

The longer I'm here, uncomfortable, the more I long to be There.

Oh, and you're normal. I feel the same every January and February. They can be the longest months of the year. Wish I could pass the days with you and me and our kiddies together...miss you. xoxo

Anonymous said...

That is one of my favorite songs...I feel like its 'my' song, as I've sung it several times, and just...love it -- good to be reminded of that again tonight. I can understand how you're feeling...and am encouraged, though, at your perspective...and excited to see all He will do in your lives in the coming days...this week...THIS week, let's talk. I am becoming less and less of a 'phone person', but...I miss you, and would love to chat. Love you.