A "Life With My Boys" Kind of Weekend.....

It has been a very fun Valentine's Day weekend celebrating with my three loves.

Kevy took me out on a date Friday night, and believe it or not - gasp! Hold your breath - I actually wore a cute little black dress with some funky black boots to go with it. Not bad for a highly "anti-dress" kind of girl. I figure that Valentine's Day warranted a little more dressing up. We went out for a really yummy meal and then saw a funny movie afterwards. It was a very nice evening of just relaxing together and reconnecting after some serious crazyness lately.

Yesterday morning, my boys let me sleep in, and when I woke up they had a day of adventure planned. We bundled up warm, made some hot chocolate in a thermos, packed a picnic lunch, and hightailed it over to Campden. We stopped at the trails that climb to Mt. Battie, pulled the kids up in one sled, and a huge stash of supplies in another, and walked UP one of the trails until we were wiped.



THEN, - this next part was Kev's brain child - we pitched a tent!



And inside this blue little wonder, we had a delish little picnic lunch - completely protected from the outside elements!




When we were finished, we loaded everything up and slid back down the trails all the way to our car! It was a MUCH shorter trip back to the car than it was up that hill, let me tell you! It was a hoot....and it was SO MUCH FUN!

Yes. This is life with the man that I married.

Then, we headed to our most fave coffee shop where Jesse proceeded to fill - and I mean FILL - his diaper....to the point of exploding out of his onesie, his long johns, his p.j's, his jeans, AND his snowsuit. It was amazing, to say the least...and it permeated the room. Fantastic. (Sidenote: just last week, Kaden projectile vomited some french fries all over Kev and the entire bathroom! These boys and their inner workings have outdone themselves these past few days).

No pictures for those two creations of joy. Hope none of you are disappointed.

Anyway, it's been a very nice weekend. I have been made to feel very loved and appreciated by my three boys, and it has been very restful and relaxing.

8 comments:

Esther said...

awesome! Sounds like you guys had a great time. Happy belated Valentine's Day!

Sarah said...

What a fun idea! So great!

Anonymous said...

Haha -- I loved your last stories about your boys!!! I love boys! Looks like you had a great weekend -- how nice - and creative!! You guys do some adventurous things together -- that's so awesome!! Hope you guys are well -- i'll try to give you a call this week and catch up!!! Love you.

rachael a said...

i am disappointed . . i feel i need proof of such a blow out at his age. :)

Angie said...

so glad you had such a great weekend! lots of love to you on this lovely weekend! :) xoxoxo

Life With My Joys..... said...

Oh Rachey.....I ASSURE you - you did not want a picture of that experience.....

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Miss you guys this week and hope PCS is going well. XOXO

Anonymous said...

Ahahaha. I suspect that one day Kaden and Jesse will be absolutely thrilled about all these stories . . . :)

Love you, Bookers!