Quirks!

Two in one day, eh? Not bad - we're making up for lost time, here.

Okay, so I've been tagged by Shay, and here are the rules:

1. Link back to the person who tagged you
2. Mention the rules on your blog
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they've been tagged.

Okay, I've been thinking about this all day, and this is the best that I can come up with....

MY UN-SPECTACULAR QUIRKS!

1. I do not consider myself a "girly girl," yet I don't believe a day goes by where I do not use makeup and hairspray.

2. I can make my tongue REALLY fat and also make it ripple in waves.

3. There is very little that grosses me out, and my standards of sanitation are much lower than most, I am sure. To this day, I would be sorely tempted to eat a peice of candy that I found on the grocery store floor, if Kev wouldn't threaten to disown me, and if four other little eyes wouldn't quickly follow suit! (Jesse takes after me apparently: Kev had to fish a worm out of his mouth tonight. On second thought, I think his standards are even lower....).

4. I talk a mile a minute and can keep up with the best of anyone in a conversation, yet I don't really like talking on the phone.

5. I absolutely love giving birth - every part of it! Granted, the intense part of my labors have both been under five hours, but I love all that comes with that whole process - that whole experience. The feelings and emotions both during AND in those immediate moments afterwards are so powerful, so beautiful, so intimate, so strong......Probably the most natural high one could ever have!

6. I am slightly addicted to all things old, wooden, and earthy such as: bittersweet berries to be made into wreaths and old boxes and trunks. It truly is an addiction - just ask Kev. He had to draw the line awhile back!

Okay, so there's more of me than you probably ever wanted to know!

Here's a big ole tag to you six:

1. Jen
2. Shannie, (I'll let you link the fellow Mainers!)
3. Angie
4. Kristi
5. Esther - (You can tag team with Shannie - that should get everyone!)
6. Yolanda

4 comments:

Shay said...

Thanks for being a good sport love! I was thinking recently about a previous blog of yours where you confessed your secret desire to be tattooed and pierced... and I think you really NEED this....http://www.sleevesclothing.com/womens/tees_dermagraphic_white.htm

Shay said...

It cut off the link?? trying again...

www.sleevesclothing.com/womens/tees_dermagraphic_white.htm

Shay said...

Ok, now I'm the crazy person who won't stop commenting... hopefully it will come through your email intact :P

Anonymous said...

I'll have to think about my 'quirks' - but for now, I just wanted to comment on your previous post...good work with Jesse...I sometimes wonder if I have the same kind of boy on my hands...he's not so much 'intense', as he is 'just wanna be loved'...he loves us holding him and paying attention to him - and there is so little that entertains him at this age - he's just starting to be able to pick things up - but mostly they just go straight into his mouth - he doesn't play yet...and I LOVE holding him and paying attention to him - but it is, of course, tiring...we've been putting him on a blanket on the floor for bits at a time, and he is starting to adjust...he is sleeping in his play pen until we can get a crib - but, I intend to implement "playpen time" into his schedule someday, too -- good idea...can't wait to meet your little Jesse someday....hope you have a great day, my friend...I love ya so much...