CHAOS!

One week from today we hit the road for HOME.

Hard to believe! I know I've said it before, but it's just crazy to me that we are arriving home with Jesse the exact same age that Kaden was when we left for this adventure. And now we're arriving home with TWO babes and three years of awesome memories and friendships made.

With my place no longer feeling like home - boxes and little corners of chaos everywhere, I am now really beginning to feel ready for the next leg of our adventure and for however many years this chapter may be for us!

I am in heavy nesting mode right now - culling and organizing, labeling and sorting....AND I LOVE IT! Aaaaah, a good move every few years does wonders for the amounts of STUFF one can accumulate! Much chucking abounds!

On the more bittersweet side of things, yesterday began the "firsts" of many "lasts" around here. We spent our last Sunday at our church out here which had become home to us in many ways. I never in a million years would have dreamed that I would have grown to love this little family so much or that they would have returned the love so freely and fully to our entire little family. There were many tears and hugs and promises of visits on both ends.....and now - just like that - that little chapter of our lives is over. Crazy.

Just overnite the school has come alive again with students returning and classes resuming. But, this year, we will not be among those crowds of craziness. As students are throwing away their cardboard boxes and unpacking their things to settle in, I am sneaking up behind them and stealing them back to refill with OUR things.....because in one week - seven days, count them! - we are headed HOME.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you the best with going home but know I will miss you! When I came to MOPS in the middle of the semester you were so welcoming and accepting of me and I will never forget that! I promise to keep in touch! Safe travels! Remember not to drive faster then your angels can fly. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Aww, Ame...I know how you feel, so many mixed emotions leaving one home to go to another...even if where you're going was home to begin with: a brand new chapter about to begin with so many of the details of that life being new...I hope your last week is full of special memories, and that you can enjoy it among the chaos of moving and packing, with 2 wee ones - oh my word!!! I love ya so much, and will look forward to chatting once you're settled...be sure to give me a call when you're back in maine - I won't call you this week, 'cause I'm sure you'll be very busy, but I will look forward to chatting once you're settled in MAINE!!! Love ya so much, dearie...talk to ya soon.

Anonymous said...

are you "dumpsta" divin' again this year, or disciplining yourself not to accumulate further? :)

Shay said...

Girly I am gonna miss you like crazy. You have such a joyous and peaceful presence, and our time together went by way too quickly!

Thanks for the phone message about the baskets, though I did already buy 3 for me and 3 for Jen! :P If I ever need more I know where to look.

Any time for coffee this week? :)

rachael a said...

this post made me want to move even MORE then i already do!!!. .seriously . . today i was telling kurt how much i soooo want to move into a different house. i have those ants in my pants again. every two or three years i tell ya. . and its been almost four now!

Anonymous said...

Amy, I remember how it felt......
I am praying for you daily in this transition. I am thankful for you! Bittersweet times....
Love, Rachel

Anonymous said...

Im gona miss you guys down here in PA not seeing you at church anymore. love ya ~Amy L