Balancing Life

I'm still trying to get a handle on balancing life with two little boys. I'm only 3 months into it - so still very much a rookie, but I really want to love my family WELL, you know? I want my home to be a haven for Kev when he comes home from work and school. I want my friends to know that they can drop by at any moment and they will be welcomed with a hug, some tea, and a yummy snack. I want them to leave my place feeling loved and refreshed. I want to give the Lord the firstfruits of my day and be constantly and continuously falling deeper in love with Him so that I view life from His eyes, and not my own. AND I want to spend individual quality time with both of my little boys doing what THEY love to do.

For Kaden this means when Jesse is down for his naps, rather than running around like a crazy woman trying to catch up on dishes and laundry, I need to get us both a fun snack and sit and read for a half hour. Or maybe it means going outside in the blazing heat after taking time to sunscreen and bug dope him all over and catch bugs and worms in our backyard. For Jesse it means I give lots of snuggles and touches - ESPECIALLY when he's fussy and savor this time even when he's a wreck rather than wish it away, complain about my aching back, or stress about my half finished supper plans!

It means fully embracing life where I am at right now and letting everything else fall by the wayside for a season. It doesn't matter if I perpetually have bugs roaming my apartment because Kaden can't resist peaking in. It doesn't matter if my home doesn't meet up with my usual expectations of cleanliness and orderliness. It doesn't matter if I don't get showered and make-up on until noon. And it doesn't really matter if my do-list doesn't get done for months on end. It's okay. Relationships are what matter. Everything else is just details......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great reminder Amy. Thanks! :)