Baby Steps

I feel like a tiny bit of progress is being made where Jesse is concerned. He continues to be quite the horrible napper and quite the professional at screaming......but, he is starting to have longer moments of happiness and contentment, as well! Jesse is starting to like his swing more, and I can leave his sight for awhile and have him still stay relatively happy. As he is becoming more aware of his surroundings, I think that he is being entertained a little bit longer at a time. The "diet" is going pretty well. He doesn't seem to be noticing too much that Mommy has been cutting his feedings in half. At times, I think it makes him grumpier - but really no more than he ever has been! He's also going down for the night around 7:30 and only wakes up once in the night - often going between 6 and 8 hour stretches. So, these are mini victories - helpful in keeping the big picture in perspective. On the other hand, I think that I'm starting to have some serious back issues due to the long periods of carrying this not-so-little guy....either that or I'm just getting old. Probably both. Ah well - it's all good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad that things are starting to improve baby wise. I know what it's like to almost lose one's mind in the baby stage, hopefully you never get there. :) Also congrats on finishing up with you school stuff. It's all very exciting.

Angie said...

I LOVE YOU.
It's been so long since i've checked your blog and now i'm so sad that i haven't talked to you in sooo long. I will call soon. Or call me. I would love to chat and hear how you are doing. You are doing amazing, Ame. It certainly can be so hard in the first months, but it will get 'easier.' I love love love you and am praying for you right now. we'll talk soon...xoxoxo