Home Again

Oh man - what an awesome time we had on our little family camping trip! I don't think I've EVER had a more relaxing family vacation. We went with some dear friends who have a new baby, Kaden doesn't remember the last time he's been camping, and I am eight months pregnant, so we really had NO expectations for how this trip would go. We all just wanted a little R & R in God's creation away from the buses, trains, airplanes, yelling, and occasional gun shots!! And man oh man - did we ever get it!

Aside from it getting down below freezing our first night there, we could not have asked for better weather. The men caught fish, Kaden caught bugs, peed in the woods, played in the water, slept in a tent, had an awesome third birthday party, stayed up late, got to eat icecream, and had Mommy and Daddy's undivided attention for three days. He was in his element!

Hubby literally did ALL of the setup and take down work. The only things that I did the entire time that could even remotely be classified as work was wash the dishes on two different occasions. Other than that, I vegged, soaked in the sun, played with Kaden, visited with my friend, filled my face, and just relaxed to the MAX!!!

It was a glorious, fabulous, wonderful, last hurrah before the arrival of sweet baby #2! SUCH a fun family vacation, and a much needed step away from the hubbub of life! Now for the joy of the unpacking and cleanup....

3 comments:

Esther said...

I am soooo jealous! That sounds so amazing...

I am in need of a vacation and this hot weather up here is making it even more real!

Anonymous said...

I'm sooo jealous as well! It has been a week and some time in the Maine woods sounds very good! Can't wait for our camping trip in July!

Angie said...

so so so happy that you guys had such an amazing time. you deserve it. let's chat on the phone soon...before #2 arrives. love you my kindred.