A Transient Time

It's interesting living where we do - at this stage of life that we are in. Part of me truly loves the adventure and uncertainty of the future (believe it or not!), and part of me gets kind of stressed by the whole process!

There are currently three couples here - good friends of ours - who are at this stage of the game. Watching them go through this whole process of figuring out "what's next" makes me thankful that we still have another whole year to go before we will need to make these kinds of decisions. (Kev is always thinking future, and he is always planning - which I'm thankful for - but, still, we can sit pretty for another 12 or so months before we really need to bite the bullet).

It's just interesting to me, because until we moved here, I honestly thought that we might settle down in our little home in Levant for a good many years, stay in that little house until we outgrew it, and then buy another one - a little bigger, but in roughly the same area. Now that I've experienced the difficult and emotional process of "uprooting," it's freeing to REALLY know and to actually EXPERIENCE the truths that: God WILL look out for me, He really will take care of me, He will provide for my needs and desires, that He really does do "exceedingly and abundantly above and beyond all that we could ever ask or imagine."

I am thankful for the times of having the safety net pulled out from underneath me. I'm thankful for the uncertainty of the future, and as I watch my friends work through this process, it is faith building to see how God takes care of each one of us in this journey of life!

Anyway, yet another really long ramble just to say: although my heart's desire is to go back to Maine and to raise my children near our families, I am willing to go wherever the Lord asks of us, and I am willing to do whatever He would have us to do. He's taken care of us once....He'll do it again.

No comments: