Seeing Double

So, I had my first day of babysitting the twins yesterday. Did I mention that the neighborhood that I am now working in is super ritzy, and the twins literally live in (what I would call, anyway) a mansion? Yep - living the high life! It's a beautiful neighborhood and a gorgeous home, but I was telling Kev over supper that even if we ever make enough money for a huge home - I don't want one. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE space and I HATE clutter, but I don't want our place to be so huge that we never run into each other in the run of a day! If I could have enough bedrooms for everyone plus a spare room for company, and if I could have a "catch all" room that could double as an office for Kev and a scrapbooking room for me - than I would be perfectly content. I like to feel cozy. I felt drafty and tiny in that huge house!

Anyway, although the day was long, I really have no complaints. The twins are quite mellow (is that how you spell that word?) and Kaden had a great time over there and napped three hours for me! The little girl naps for a long time but the boy is a 45 "minute-er". So, I'll at least have a 45 minute break during the day. She pays me $12 an hour - so it's really pretty easy money. At the very least, it gives me confidence that I can handle two kids of my own! :0)

My devotional is DONE! I now just need to videotape it in front of some peers and then present it in my class. After I whip off a 15 page final paper, yet another class will have bit the dust! Let the good times roll!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Ame...congrats on finishing your devotional...hope it goes well!! Hey - guess what?! I saw Lori and Julien yesterday...we are in nova Scotia right now - just a quick little visit...going home in a couple hours (we're at Jamin Barrett's house right now)...I"ll post some pictures on my blog this week...she's really cute pregnant...it was so great to see them! It would be awesome to all get together..wonder if that will ever happen?! ...anyways...hope to talk to you soon.