Psychology Schmychology

Ai yi yi - must take a break from this blasted Psychology reading! I'm taking a correspondence elective through Moody, and I must say that I am really not giving a flying flip about this course these days! I appreciate their approach - how they are having us get both the secular perspective AND the Biblical approach to "the science of life and the mind," but, Holy Heavens, this course is killing me! Reading ten pages of this blasted material takes me an entire hour!!! And I really do not care to read any more about Mr. Wacko Freud today. What a psycho! (Sorry, if I have offended anyone, but oh my word......).

Therefore, I am taking a breather to make coffee and blog for a moment. And I must put a little plug in, dear friends, that it is time for some of you to update. Come now. Indulge me.

So, last night dear sweet newlyweds Brian and Gretchen Keezer came to our place for supper and spent the evening with us. We had SO much fun with them and have only gotten together with them one other time since they've been out here doing their internship. We are all going to go into Philly together sometime before they go home. Neither Kev nor Brian love the city, but Gret and I LOVE the experience! So, we shall go.....and Kev and Bri will be on high alert the entire time while Gret and I will be blissfully unaware of "potential dangers" while we traipse (that's my new word from Kelsey - did I spell it right?) through beautiful Philly! (My other new expressions I got from Brian - "super fun" and "super cool." Kaden says these phrases all the time now, too! He also determined last night that "Brian is not scary - he's nice!", and that Gretchen is a "pretty girl!")

Anway, it was SO nice to sit and chat with Bri and Gret about marriage, life, and ministry. It is SO refreshing to be around a young couple who is solid in their marriage and in their mutual love for the Lord. They have such a great foundation, they know each other well, they are best friends, they are real and open with each other, and they just totally love living life together! Must admit....it's still a little weird to me that they are actually married and living together....and that it's okay to be doing that.....but it was just so fun and special to be with them.

Okay, break time is over. My goal is to finish this numbnut chapter before Kaden awakens from his slumber so that we can go out and catch bugs in this lovely 75 degree weather! This is my MOST favorite season of all.......way too nice to be inside reading about nut-brains!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you spelled "traipse" correctly! :-P
Love you much!
Kelsey

Angie said...

Hey sweetie...I agree with you about Mr. Freud. You make me laugh. I do admire your drive though...reading that nut-job's writings during Kaden's naptime. You've always been so focused, Ame. I admire that. Glad to read that you are enjoying your MOPS group. And what a great perspective to have in working with the other moms and the different 'parenting philosophies' that everyone has. The longer that I'm a mom, the more I realize that I have so much yet to learn. And, if you can be a support and a partner alongside other moms, instead of an observer and a judge, that truly is an amazing thing. So, keep me posted on how the group goes. And, feel free to check out and comment on my blog sometime. :) In between Kaden's naps and psychology schmychology readings, of course! Love ya!

Esther said...

I agree on fall being such a beautiful time of year! And, by the way, I just posted on my blog due to your comment that some of your friends need to update! So check it out... Oh, and I tried calling tonight but you must have been out. Love ya!