Feeling Fried

Praise the Lord - I have finally finished my blasted Psychology reading. Now, I just need to review my vast reams of notes and my ten million definitions to prepare for the exam. At least the reading is out of the way. I tried to write the first chapter of my little book, but I'm just not feeling it today. What I am wanting to say is just not getting expressed on paper the way I want it to, so it is getting shelved for awhile. I think my brain needs a break - these past few days it has been on overload, and I am feeling a wee bit crabby. Therefore, I am done for the day.

We had homecoming at the school this past week-end. It was very fun and silly. The teachers took on the students in a crazy donkey basketball game. Kaden was quite mesmerized by the whole thing, and I have not laughed that hard in a long time! It was also very nice to see Katie for awhile and meet a bunch of her new friends. She's interesting, that girl! She doesn't just call people by their real names - she prefers such names as "Antangonist" and "Prom Queen" for addressing her cohorts!

Well, I'm hoping that Kev will blog about his whole hunting experience that he had on Saturday. But, just in case he doesn't, let's just say that he had a large run in with both the school security AND the local police! I found the whole thing to be quite funny.....buuuut he did not! Poor guy - hunting here is a whole lot more tricky than popping one off in the Maine woods. There aren't too many hunters in these here parts!

Well, I'm off. Esther, let's catch up soon! Shannie - soooo nice chatting with you! Lovies.....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geesh! So kev's really making a name for himself down there! What a riot--I anxiously await more detail :)

Angie said...

Hey Ame...hope you get to relax your mind a little before continuing on with the writing of your book. Miss ya. ang

Anonymous said...

hahaha, Amy! i didn't make up Prom Queen's name! the Antagonist did!

besides THAT, i use their real names most of the time... when i address them.... hm... hahaha.

Anonymous said...

I love that Kevin hunts in Philadelphia...show them what a Mainer is!!

Sounds like you're busy, Ame...always sounds like you're having fun, though -- that's great!! Hope to chat soon!!

Love ya, old friend...and I truly do miss you...

Scott said...

Hey - can we come over and play Bookers? Let us know what your schedule looks like on the 11-12th.

Anonymous said...

You make life sound like such an adventure....even in the mundane things...I love it!! My last day at work was last Fri. I will spend the next week getting the house ready for sale and then...wham....time to open the doors and let the people in to critique it. That is a wee bit scary for me! What I love, they might hate. Anyway...Every room will be painted, every light fixture replaced, wood sanded and stained and parquet floors resurfaced. I am headed to Texas to my niece's wedding from Oct 28 to Nov 1. She is getting married on Halloween day. I will try to send a more personal e-mail now that I am done work...but it might get white paint all over it cuz the keyboard will be competing with my paint brush all week. Love you bathtubsfull. --Brenda

Anonymous said...

Hello again, dear friend...how ya doin?!...just sitting here, thinking about you...looking at some pictures lastnight from New York - and from when you guys came to visit...ahh...good times...just...miss ya, Ame...let's talk!!

Angie said...

Ok...time to update Ame! And time to leave some comments on my blog, so I know you're out there and alive! :) Hope all is well in Bookerville!

Life With My Joys..... said...

Dearest Angie -
I know I know - will update soon. I have a huge exam I must pass first. You know me and my obsessive studying. I read your blog all the time, but I can't respond on it because you are xanga. I've tried several times. Any suggestions? Love you!