Long Time No Blog

Hard to believe it's been almost a month since I sat down and wrote a little ditty....or as my blogs tend to go, a long ditty. Kev and I have just completed one of the longest and most tiring weeks of our lives, and I must say that I am glad it is over. Kev had a HUGE paper that he needed to write to finish a grad course, and I had a HUGE "Psycho"-logy exam to study for and complete by yesterday. Both, I am happy to report, are now finally completed and passed in. Hallelujah!

For more exciting news, my hubby turned the big 3-0 on the 18th! Kaden and I saved our pennies, and we whisked him away to the Poconos for an overnight at a fun little Ramada. We got a great package deal that included a hot tub in our room with supper and breakfast included. We had TONS of fun - it was so nice to get away for a little while. Kaden slept great, the food was really yummy, and it was just nice to rest and recupe.

On the flipside.....I believe we have finally hit that lovely stage of the "terrible twos," and this glorious new stage of life began on our fun little get away! Kaden has always been very docile and obedient - tender and really quite timid. Well, my friends, I no longer believe that this is the case! Over the week-end and throughout this past week, Kev and I have spent much of our time formulating our game plan for how to handle this new crazy little person! We are now dealing with such issues as disobedience, disrespect, refusal to share - the normal stuff that every little kid goes through, I know. But, we are just really seeking the Lord's guidance and direction for wisdom, consistency, and all things needed for parenting two year olds and for truly "shepherding his heart" and not just his actions! He is still such a joy and so much fun.....now just with a spicy little twist! Good times! If you think, you can pray for the sanity of all three of us! :0)

No comments: