How to Have a Hot Date on the Fly.

T'was the night before Kevy's birthday, and right smack dab in the middle of our work week, when I decided that I was desperate for a hot date on the town with my man.  I was willing to do just about anything to get out of the house for a few hours of alone time with him, so I decided to go ahead and slice a few of my fingers whilst opening a can of cream style corn.

It was pretty much awesome.

It was one of those times where the can opener didn't completely open the can.  So, I decided to take matters into my own little hands and ream on it just a bit - all the while having a conversation with myself in my head that went a little something like:  "I probably shouldn't really do it this way.  This probably really isn't one of my most brilliant of ideas.  I'm pretty sure this isn't going to end well."


And just as I was about to tell myself to stop being so motherly and all wimpy cautious-like, that wee little lid sliced through my middle finger so smoothly that I could look right in and see all of the goodness that was inside.

So, I sent my dear hubby a wee little texty text asking him to come home and take me to the hospital...but first I wanted an iced coffee because I knew we'd have to wait for hours, and I fully planned on taking complete advantage of this spontaneous bit of alone time that we would be having.

He came home.
Charlie said he was more than happy to watch ALL the wee ones while we left.
His dear wifey brought pizza and wings home to feed all those Grocery Killers for supper.
Aaaaand they pretty much rock.

I got my iced coffee and an entire hour or so of waiting room television that was something other than PBS kids...and Kevy dealt with his boredom by stealing my phone and texting random messages (supposedly from me) like: "my boogers taste especially delicious this evening" and "you smell" to my cousin, Jodi.  This made me laugh really loudly, so then I had to follow up with an equally loud:  "Ouch! Oooh...ouch!" so that I wouldn't get bumped even further down the waiting list...

Anyway... 3 stitches and some glue later...it was a lovely date.
And THAT, folks, is how you get a hot date on the fly - smack dab in the middle of your work week.
Sha-zam!

And for my next trick, I shall let Dr. Kevy remove said stitches all by his lonesome...

No comments: