In the Freeze.

Goodness.  It's been a chillly day today.
But, it's Friday - and I do so love me some Fridays.
Supper is cooking in the oven, the fire is blazing in the fireplace, and it's just been a cozy, stay inside kind of a day.

This is how my Jesse likes to start his mornings:

P.j.'s, fire, and both kitties on his lap - if possible.
THIS is how I like to start my morning:
Belly profile.
It's my new favorite thing.
And yes - I am well aware that I do indeed look like I am already 40 weeks along.
The tummy.  She remembers...

This is how Ransom likes to start his morning.
Scavenging whatever food is on the table leftover from the day previous.
Super adorable shagadelic bedhead pure bonus.
Pants entirely optional.

And THIS is what we did for much of our day:
Forty-five fresh, new books from our neighborhood library.
Heaven in a box, Baby.
Library books make me very, very happy.
Like kid in a candy store happy...

My boys are slowly learning to share that same love of reading.
While they have always loved to be read to...it's not always their first choice to just go and pick out a book on their own.  
 But, it's really hard to resist a new story.
I have Henry and Mudge to thank for Kaden's newfound love of reading on his own.
Stories of a boy and his dog.  Classic.
I know what our future holds...
It's been good.
Slow.  Warm.  Cozy, and relaxed.

"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents." ~ Emilie Buchwald

And I am once again reminded of the little things that make life special.
And that it's the little things that are truly the most important.

May they carry this love into their adult years...and into their years of reading to their own babies.
And may they always believe that:

"You may have tangible wealth untold...caskets of jewels and coffers of gold.  Richer than I you can never be, I had a mother who read to me." ~ Strickland Gililan

This Mama has no wealth to pass on...but she does have an ever shrinking lap to be sat upon...and an endless love for the written word.  We are wealthy, Loves.  We are wealthy, indeed.




1 comment:

Rachael said...

Ok. Enough of these silhouette pics. I wanna see the real deal! Show us baby-belly-London!!! :-)
And if I lived with you all ...I'd spend my mornings cozied up by that thar fire too.