A Sliding Ditty.

*  In which all of the events of this wee poem may or may not be entirely factual...

Three little boys and a Mama - getting bigger ~
Sliding down hills where they take a lot of diggers.
The big prep.  SO not my favorite in the winter...
A whipping and a'gliding - doing face plants in the snow ~
Ransom takes one look and says:  "Um, I don't wanna' go!"
The obligatory cup of joy...I mean, joe.
Mama says:  "I'm with you!  This is crazy, freezing cold!"
Daddy says:  "You're wimpy - don't act like you're getting old..."

Oh really?  I reply - with a toss of chubby body.
I'll race you to the bottom.  Beating you?  Well, it's my hobby!

So, with the windchill racing 'round us, and our cheeks ablaze of red ~
We conquered all the hills - flying down them on our sleds.

We went until our fingers and our toes we couldn't feel.
And, the boys asked:  "Please?  Some more?"  And then I said, "Are you for REAL?!!"

Even Ransom wanted longer on the slopes to test his skillz.
Oldest Hoolies on their feet were getting good with standing drills.

So, we stayed until our bunzies turned to ice - then stayed some more...
Winter fun in Maine is bitter cold sometimes.  Oh - that's for SURE!

Finished strong with blazing fire, funny movie, cozy baths ~
The last time they were bathed?  I can't remember ~ shouldn't laugh...

Bathing Hoolies?  Not my strong point.  I always wait until they stink.
A little girl - will it be different?  Prob'ly should be, so I think...

Either way, my boys are clean now.  Family Day was sweet and long.
Fuzzy jammies, early bedtimes - now Kev and I can party on!

Bowl of cereal, game of Cribbage.  Feeling wild? - A cup of Joe.
In our beds by Ten?  Believe it!  We are getting old, you know...

Soon the Hoolies will awaken to another day of play ~
And my muscles will be achin' - memories of our Family Day.


No comments: