Three.

Three years ago yesterday afternoon - very great with child - we moved, for the seventh time in our marriage, into our sweet little house with the help of SO many family and friends.  We got each box set down into the appropriate rooms, we got paint colors chosen for the living room and bedrooms, my kitchen was completely set up, and our bedroom made ready for you.  And as we crashed into bed late that night, I looked at Daddy with a very contented smile and said:  "If the baby chooses to come tonight, I am ready."

While most of our new home was in a bit of chaos....
My kitchen was set up so I could feed my family.
And a place was prepared to bring you home.
So, come you did that very next morning.
Three years ago today....

My sweet Ransom Malachi.  "God's Messenger of Hope and Deliverance."
My hardest labor, my easiest baby, my strongest willed. 
My dimpled, lisping sweet little boy.
My heart is so very full of YOU.

Everyone asked if I had wanted a girl. 
And everyone knows that I couldn't be happier with my third little Boy Joy.

Today marks three years since your sweet, fiesty presence joined our little family, and I can hardly remember life without you.  I love that you LOVE playing with cars and trucks from the time you wake up until the time you go to bed.  I love that you love to "snuggie on the bed" and that you are SUCH a cuddler.  I love your dimple, and your hilarious little lisp -- especially when you potty talk your favorite phrase to everyone:  "You thstink juthst like trathsh".  We can't help but die laughing, and you know it's good for shock value....so that shall go down in the books as your most favorite phrase of the year.

I love your sweet little prayers and your adoration for your brothers.  I love that you are strong and can hold your own with them.  I love how you lug the kitten everywhere under your arm like a football, and that your ratty old puppy is still your most favorite possession.  I love your crazy wild dance moves, and your funny conversations and uproarious laughter from your bedroom in the wee hours of the morning.

And I love this age.

So sweet.  So tender.  So trusting and so un-hurt yet by this world.  It'll happen, Love.  But Jesus is bigger.  And He loves you madly, and He wants you to trust Him wildly.  And He wants you to fall so deeply in love with Him that no matter what junk life throws at you, you will NEVER doubt that He is good.  And that He has good plans for You - plans to make you prosper.  Plans to make you grow.  Plans to grow you into a man who will love with abandon and who will have faith that can move mountains.

That's my prayer for you, Ransom.
That no matter what - you will stay tender.
Watch your Daddy.  Watch him journey.  See his heart. 
And even better - watch your Heavenly Daddy.  Learn His heart.  Take the journey.

Happy third birthday, my Love.
Per your request there shall be pancakes and eggs, balloons, and chocolate cake.

*   *   *   *   *   *
4150.  Dimples and sweet little lisps.
4151.  Squishing hugs and "I missed you's" in the morning.
4152.  Strong will, tender heart.
4153.  Healthy and happy - safe and secure.
4154.  potty training #3 down in the books.  phew.
4155.  snuggles on the bed, cuddles and "wead one more stowy."
4156.  dance fests in the kitchen.
4157.  tender prayers to Jesus.
4158.  Blond haired, blue-eyed, three feet of deliciousness.
4159.  Kitchen helper; coffee maker.
4160.  Sweet conversations, tender love for others.
 





3 comments:

Rachael said...

Sweet. Oh, so sweet. I too adore his little lisp!! Happy birthday, littlest boy!
Say...weren't you guys on the three year plan? Tick-tock....
:-)
Just pickin'....

Kristi said...

haha -- Rachael!!!

oh, your darlin' boy...i love reading about your life and how you love those sweet boys of yours. i wish we lived closer. i know my boys would adore being neighbours with your boys. and i would adore being neighbours with you. i miss you. i will call you in the next 48 hours. i promise. (if i remember!!) haha

rachael a said...

oh. . .Ransom. You are a treasure.

. . that photo of him and kitten in the basket is. . . sooooo sweet.

love it all.