Little Loves...

Happy Saturday!

It's been awhile since I've listed my week's top faves, and this week's been a good one. Just a lot of little loves - sweet little gifts and blessings, nothing big in and of themselves on the one hand....but on the other, all of life is a gift, right?

And as that oldy but goody song goes: "Count your blessings, name them one by one," so I shall. Besides, "happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling," right? Or so said Miss Margaret Lee Rubeck once upon a time. And I think she's a pretty smart lady...

So, without further adoOOo....

:: Long catch up conversations with friends where we go deep, share our hearts and our hurts, and we trust each other enough to put our true selves out on the line for each other. I love that.

:: Playdates. It's been awhile, and my boys are finally over the walking crud, so this week, Mamas were able to visit and drink coffee and tea, and little boys were able to play and work and share together.

:: My girls. I love them. And I am getting more soon. The goat prospect is not looking too hopeful, but we are at least adding a few more layer hens and a handful of meat birds to the flock soon. Super excited for little baby fluff to arrive.

:: First BBQ of the season with family, neighbors, and new friends. We are trying to really get to know our neighbors and be intentional in our relationships with those in our community. We had beautiful weather, a really good group of people, and just a lot of fun with new friends and some old, as well.

:: One mama and I were commenting on how we could really take a good lesson from our children in how to make friends. Little kids are amazing at this. There is no sizing up, no competition, and no awkwardness. We simply make introductions, and then they are off - running, playing, and exploring without a single care in the world.

It would behoove us to imitate that model.

:: This boy and his cat. Our sweet little Smudge is just like a puppy. Wherever the kids are - that is where he wants to be. If they are climbing a tree, so is he. If they are digging for worms in the garden, he is sprawled in the dirt. If they are watching t.v., he wants to be in one of their laps. And since his little surgery, the "marking" of his territory has stopped, and so he shall stay. It was touch and go for a few weeks, but I think we are in the clear. And that makes me happy.

:: Joe. He and I are having a few clandestine meetings throughout the day, these days - and not just solely in the morning. I just love him too much. And since Kevy's tummy is starting to level out, he and I have actually had a couple of cups of Joe together this week.

All is now right in the world.

:: New life. It's springing up everywhere, and I think it's now safe to finally say that winter is over. The boots and ski pants have officially made their final debut and they are packed away FOR GOOD until next season. Good riddance to winter.

:: I hid a kajillion jelly beans all throughout the house on Easter, and we are still finding them. Very reminicent of my childhood and the fun it was to find jelly beans weeks later. Good times. Like I said, it's the little things, right?

:: And these four boys of mine. How I love them. They are all so sweet and dear in their individual ways. I love their personalities, their quirks, their tenderness, and their humor. And they love me - imperfect and messy though I am - which makes me love them even more.


So there you have it.
Little loves from this past week.

* * * *
2741.-2750. My joy journey - loves of this week.
2751. First fish of the season.
2752. Spring - finally and fully here.
2753. The peepers at night - perfect lullabys for falling asleep.
2754. Mom and Dad here just for the night.
2755. Sleepy games of Cribbage first thing in the morning with Dad.
2756. Dear friends to walk life with.
2757. Warm evening for the season's first bbq.
2758. Deep, heartfelt conversations.
2759. Brave new friends who jump right into our lives!
2760. Simple pleasures, little loves, sweet blessings.

"It's the joy of the small that makes life large." ~ Ann Voskamp

1 comment:

Esther said...

You are always taking time to be thankful. And for that, I am thankful. Love you friend!
~Esther