Happenings of Late

Oh my - the weather is glorious these days. We have practically been living outside. I love those kinds of days. Nothing major in the happenings going on as of late. Our chickies and Mr. Turk are growing like crazy - we're talking like every morning when we come out to say "hello," they are looking different! Crazy! Still very precious and sweet. I clean them out twice a day, so they're not stinky yet. But, they are getting too big for their box. Many attempts at escape have been made with our kitty, Risso, looking on licking her lips in anticipation. That would not be good.....

We had a ginormous yardsale yesterday. Boxes upon boxes of stuff gotten rid of - sold, given away, or taken to the dump. We came home with only six wee little boxes for a sale in the fall perhaps. We made a bunch of cash, the kids made some as well, and we even came home with a bed to boot for our guest room/nursery. Good times good times.

Daddy took the two big boys on an overnight tenting/fishing trip with a friend and his little boy this week. They has a blast, and Kaden even caught a huge trout all by himself. Ransom and I also enjoyed a blessed quiet couple of days with some uninterrupted Mommy time, as well. Very cozy and nice. And while they were away, a friend came over and we rearranged a room together - per our usual! Very fun.

My Marmie is coming over this afternoon to spend a few days with us. Looking forward to some nice walks, tea on the porch, quality time spent with her and the boys, and maybe even a free babysitter so Kevy and I can go on a date. Can't beat that with a stick!

This Saturday is my eldest's 6th birthday! Oh my word - how the time has flown. I can hardly wrap my brain around it. And Jesse's 3rd birthday is four days later. Nuts. We're going to go on a camping trip again to celebrate. But this year, instead of everyone getting them gifts, we are all chipping in together and are going with one big present - a super fun swingset for the backyard. Shhh. Don't tell.......

Enjoy the rest of your week-end friends!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Give me a heads up if you're heading my way for that camping trip! Would love to visit with ya if even for a few moments...and maybe Shawn can take the boys out for a boat ride...

Kristi said...

Enjoy your visit with your Mama! I would love to have some tea with both of you! i can't wait 'til our boys can all play together this summer! I cannot believe Kaden is 6 this week!! Where did THOSE years go, oh my word! Enjoy your week, Ame!