Ransom

Tomorrow wee little Ransom turns 6 months old! I CANNOT even believe it! Unbelievable. In some ways I feel as though he's been with us forever, but in others, I can't believe he's almost done being a baby.

He is such a dream - so easy - the kind of baby I would wish for everyone to have for their first. I finally understand, third time around, what people mean when they say how much they love the baby stage and how much they "always loved having a baby in the house." Up until Ransom, Kev and I both were like: WHAT?!!! Us - not so much, thank you. We like them around the 15 month and up mark. From the time of this child's birth, I kept waiting for the ball to drop.....thinking, okay when is this child going to start screaming? When is he going to hit that point where I am the only person who will be able to console him? When is he going to enter freak out land?

And....it's never happened. He remains so mellow and chill, so sweet and contented, so easy to guide into a little schedule, a great napper, an amazing sleeper-through-the-nighter, and he's just totally up for whatever adventure we want to drag him along on. Perfectly suited for two older brothers. If I knew all of my babies would be like this, I would have at least two more. Seriously.

We think he's our favorite.

Large joke.

Kind of.

Anyway, Mr. Delicious had his six month well child check-up yesterday, with our MOST favorite osteopathic doctor, by the way. He is our first child who is a bit of a peanut! It kind of cracks me up after having a child who we were told was entering "infant obecity," and who "was not only off the charts - but was sky-rocketing off the charts!" Little Rancey Pants weighs 15lbs.7oz. and is only in the 25%! He is long, however, like my brothers - and is in the 60% for that, and (also, like my side of the family) has a jug head that puts him in the 75%! Good times.

So strange, how each baby can be so different, and you do the same exact thing with each one.......

We have three little gifts - all so differnt and unique. Different personalities, different needs, different ways they need to be trained, different ways they respond to our parenting. I am continuously awed and overwhelmed at the responsibility that God has given to us to "train up each child in the way that he should go."

What a gift. What a privilege. What a perfect way to keep me daily on my knees.....

1 comment:

Chantelle said...

Boo weighed 13 pounds at 9 months old. :)

Happy 6 months, Ransom! :)