Merciful Heavens!!!

Holy dyin'!!!!

Blessings upon us all - the internet access here is not the greatest, to say the VERY least. I have felt absolutely cut off from the world these past weeks, I must say. For some miraculous reason, we have connection today, but there are no guarantees for tomorrow, so I shall blog and email away with abandon! I also need to get our Christmas picture card together; otherwise, at the rate that we're going here, it's going to be a Happy New Year card!

This past weekend, our little fam kicked it up to the County to celebrate an early Thanksgiving with my parents and brothers. We had our first snow while we were up there which was tons of fun! We drove up late on Thursday after Kev's meeting at church, so we didn't arrive until Midnight, and we left late afternoon on Saturday - so it was a whirlwind visit, but still very nice and lovely.

We all went on a group four-wheeler in the FREEZING cold, we ate lots of yummies, the boys went hunting, and we just had a really great time vegging with family. Loved it. And we shall do it all over again on Thursday with Kev's little fam. Glorious!

I think we're going to be getting our Christmas tree this weekend, even though I feel like it's a little early to be doing so. The Holidays sneak up so quickly, and I just want to lengthen and savor them as much as possible, so methinks we shall do it on our family day this Friday. (This may also prove to be a very large headache with whirling dervish child who will probably attempt to climb said tree a kajillion times a day. I may wish we had opted for a fake table trop tree....but where is the fun in that?)

In a couple of weeks we are heading back to Philly for a five day trip (2 days of driving) for Kev's graduation. We have actually decided to leave Jesse with my parents as the weekend is going to be crazy with events, two very long drives back to back, and nights spent at several different places. I think it's a good decision that we made, but it will be the longest that I've ever left him....in fact, I don't think that I have EVER left him overnight, so I'm feeling kind of weird about it. He's quite the Mama's boy, but he absolutely loves Mom, and she gives him undivided attention which he loves, so I think he'll do okay. OH man - it's just going to be weird; I'm going to miss him like CRAZY! On the other hand, I'm also excited for some extended time alone with Kaden. Being older does come with its privileges!

So, that's all for now, I guess. Lots of covert Christmas ideas and shopping going on, fun things to make with the kidlets, and special memories to be made.

In case I can't get online forever again - Happy Thanksgiving! And while I'm at it -just in case - Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Valentine's Day, Easter, St. Patty's Day, May Day, Happy 4th, Merry Summer......you get it......

2 comments:

rachael a said...

you forgot happy festivus.

Shay said...

Good times! Happy Thanksgiving Amy :)